1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questiom for LWT teams

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 50Joe, Feb 4, 2024.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Team TBEXUSA (paralyzed racers) may not be able to field a full team this year. It's fairly certain we won't be at every round. I love the endurance scene and vibe. I can commit to make every round. Obviously I need to ride an adapted bike (mine). I'd like to do this in the LWT class and not relay. How do the other LWT teams feel about me riding on another LWT but use my own bike? For my stint I could be held in the pits the equivalent time of a typical pit stop so as not to have an advantage. And, if this is allowed I'm wondering if another team would welcome me? I have the stamina to race a full tank of fuel on my FZ07 which varies between 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the track. I typically set my fastest laps late in my stint. I gained back a lot of speed in 2023 when things started to gel. I turned some 1:21's at RRR at what I would call a very comfortable pace. At Barber I never got a long stint due to all the red flags but got down to a 1:42 and I'm sure a 1:40 or even 1:39 would be possible.

PatricksDad and mpusch like this.
  2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

You probably already know this but single riders cannot do race stints LONGER THAN 2 hours.

For the 4-hr/longer events, after your 2-hr stint, you're required to stay off the bike for 30 minutes which, I guess, is what you're alluding to about being 'held in the pits'.

ULW endurance events are 2-hrs. You would be golden if racing in that class.

Whether racing in a 2-hr or the 4-hr/longer endurance events, you can still ride solo (and be the team owner, captain and rider).

50Joe likes this.
  3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I'd have no problem with you on your own bike Joe. :beer:

JBall, 50Joe and DmanSlam like this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'm fine with it. The only thing would be if your bike or the other bike went down, you couldn't switch out. You would have to fix the bike that went down and rejoin the race on that bike, or switch out and lose your laps.

50Joe likes this.
  5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I wouldn't be able to ride someone else's bike and vice versa but good points to spell it out.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Need another rider on your team? Eric Reed and I were having a ball at Barber going back and forth.

E Reed likes this.
  7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Just find 2 fast guys to team up with. One goes first, than you, than 3rd guy. That way you don't have to do anything on pit stops, just wait for typical time to pass. :D

DmanSlam and 50Joe like this.
  8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No you can't do it solo in a 4 hour. He's talking about timing of actual pit stops not about time on and off the bike per stint. Entirely different things.

50Joe likes this.
  10. DmanSlam

Yeah. I understand the rules. My wording was unclear. Just meant he can ride 2 hours in a single stint (as part of a team in the 4-hr event).

11. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Under the current rule structure you can do what you are suggesting by telling Race Control that you are doing a frame substitution. At that point, the laps earned on the other frame are forfeit.

I think the original request is to get a frame substitution penalty waiver for a specific team.

It seems like a slippery slope to start have single team rules exemptions.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, in this case it'd be more single rider exception due to physical limitations. Granted we could also call it allowing an exception due to crash damage....

50Joe likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Their exemption will be approved because they don't have a loud generator

50Joe and JBall like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You seemed to have completely missed "I have the stamina to race a full tank of fuel on my FZ07 which varies between 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the track. "

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Ouch

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd feel bad but find it much more likely Joe laughed :D

50Joe and stickboy274 like this.
  18. DmanSlam

*shrug* I guess you have a point to make.