1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

What's up Aaron! Sounds like retirement is pretty stressful

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. S Tsotsoros

So what you're saying is, 4 to 5 hours probably isn't enough time. I may need to rethink thus.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

It’s very spread out but you can just go to your most desired areas. I don’t go through a lot of it. They have good maps so you can zero in.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  4. S Tsotsoros

I checked the vendor list and was surprised to see only a few firearms manufacturers will be there. You're correct, not interested in most of the vendors.

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Today was a two-for-one kind'a day.

And yes, I like the more eclectic stuff.

Unfired, second generation Remington R51 on the top. I'll probably shoot it because I'm that kind'a guy.

The little one is a Seecamp .380, saw this in the used section when picking up ammo after I picked up the R51 earlier in the day and, well, the price was right. It'll be a backup gun before my last resort gun.

Will follow-up with a review when I get around to it.

remcamp.jpg

pjdoran likes this.
  6. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

I had the same Seecamp. I loved it! Until I shot it. OUCH!!
    Maybe my hands are too big for such a small firecracker? It is the only gun I have sold down the road. YMMV.

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

My last "free" SBR was rejected because I misread the serial #. I'm not sending it back in at this point. I think you're fine. I have a few 80%'s that have braces and I'm not registering them.

britx303 and tiggen like this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Yes, all the simple blowback-operated guns are a bit harsh, and of course, the smaller, the worse they get. My adult roommate has a .380 LCP that's snappy as all get out. Same with the Yeet canon (a silencer mostly solves that problem). So, expecting the same for the Seecamp. I'd never actually seen one out in the wild, but always had it in mind since I worked with a guy who said "it's the kind of gun you have at the ready after you get locked in a trunk by some real bad guys ... " So yeah, long-term impulse buy, but it was cheap and appears to have not been used much ... probably for reasons that'll be painfully obvious later on. :D

Probably just shoot it once with the standard carry ammo to verify function and then it'll live in an ankle holster.

pjdoran likes this.
  9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

There's a nationwide injunction on the pistol brace ATF rule as of now. So you are able to legally own a pistol with a brace. PSA has been selling braced pistols since the nationwide injunction went into affect a few months ago....Of course the ATF is appealing the injunction.

https://www.tacretailer.com/news/are-pistol-braces-legal-again

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...ght-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-5165449201.html

tiggen likes this.
  10. gapman789

Ammo storage....Now that I've amassed 7000 rds (9mm), 3000 (556/223) and 500 (10 mm) in just a few months (I've shot about the same amount in 4 months), I need to store this stuff properly.

I've seen several ways....bare ammo in an ammo can....boxes of ammo in original boxes stored in ammo cans.....bare ammo in ziploc baggies.....bare ammo in ziploc baggies in ammo cans....original boxes on a shelf in the closet.....

I'm leaning toward original boxes in ammo cans with silica packs. Just seems easier/neater than labeling baggies with different mfgs, calibers, grains

What's the experts say?

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Definitely not an expert, but mine is in the original boxes, currently taking up valuable safe space. I actually just ordered a ~36" tall locking cabinet from Amazon to use for ammo storage to free up space in the safe for more guns.

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My ammo is in the original boxes in the house, but when I go to the range, I have one of these for each type of round I'm going to shoot.

https://www.amazon.com/Sheffield-12...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Dump about 350-500 rounds of 9mm in there and then at the range I don't have to deal with the boxes and little plastic ammo holders. I can toss those in the recycle bin at home.
    Speeds up reloads at the range a little better.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I mostly leave in the original boxes, especially my match grade stuff. However, some of my range FMJ I'll dump an entire case in an ammo can and then throw a duct tape label on the outside. Just makes reloading at the range slightly less cumbersome.

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I just ordered this and it showed up Saturday. I will be testing out very soon. This is why men should not be left unattended while drinking beer. The wife ask me why did I order a flame thrower? I replied, Why didn't I already have one?

https://exothermic.tech/product/pulsefire-ubf/

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

bulk ammo that i reload goes into ammo cans with reloading data inside and on the outside of the box. 22lr goes into ammo cans segregated by type of ammo (match, subsonic, hp, etc). Most of the other standard stuff goes on a shelf either in original boxes or more than likely (because I rarely buy any ammo as I reload most of my calibers) in MTM boxes or something of that type.

16. gapman789

So nobody mentioned 'ammo in baggies' for storage....Good, 'cause I didn't necessarily like that idea.

When I went to an indoor range for the first time recently, I took 16 preloaded mags, but then had boxes of ammo (600 rds worth) in a range bag to deal with for reloading. I did have an ammo case full of bare 9 mm at the house but didn't know if that was the 'proper' way to take it to a range.

Gonna get a metal cabinet/ammo cabinet/garage cabinet of sorts. Almost bought the overpriced STACK-ON ammo case for $259.99 this wknd. But i think a $30 metal cabinet off of marketplace will work. That leaves me enough $ for 1000 rds of 9mm.

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/288512

stackon ammo cabinet.jpg

gt#179 likes this.
  17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I have taken ammo to the range in baggies with torn up strips of paper with load data. Just about every trip. :) I also have these little tan zippered bags (like a travel doc kit with your shaving/bathroom stuff size) that I am using now to be a little more "professional". I can fit probably 150 rounds of 223 or 300 9mm in the bag. Great for bulk ammo when I don't want to take an ammo can.

gapman789 likes this.
  18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Don't put silica packs in your sealed ammo containers. Gun powder has a very minute amount of moisture, on purpose, to regulate the burn rate. Drying that out increases the burn rate, creating over pressure. Your ammo will last three lifetimes just packaged in regular containers in a temp controlled home. Even your garage, as long as it's doesn't have extreme temp swings and direct sunlight.

The only place silica packs belong is with your primers, if you're a reloader.

gapman789 and Razr like this.
  19. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

20. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

Gun store has a surplus bin that mostly has loose, unlabeled magazines in it. I had to rummage through it a bit to find them, but now I have four extra OEM CZ mags at $20 apiece.

StaccatoFan likes this.