1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk fasting

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 25, 2017.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t believe anything anymore unless it’s in my hand and I’m sure what it is…

but….. worst case scenario I’ll lose some fat… I’m really interested in complete calorie elimination results… I’m two days in now and cruising…

I’ve always struggled with my weight and even at 168lbs at 6’2” at my leanest I still had some fat that wouldn’t go away… so maybe…

My metabolism is extremely slow and I lived on 700 cal a day for 10 mos a year for a decade when I was racing… your body adapts… hunger isn’t new to me and the 2k cal per day guideline is bullshit… nobody needs that for survival and good health

I’ve been a 240lb kid that loved to lift heavy things to a scrawny 168lb 600 racer to a 184lb Superbike racer… I feel best at the last weight… I’m in the middle now and am looking forward to the lower end of that spectrum again for awhile

there are lots of healthy guys on here that have real info and all the nutrition helps and stuff… I’m just doing the easy thing and stopped eating for a few days :D

CBRRRRR999, Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Thanks for putting this in my head this morning, hole of ass! :crackup:

[​IMG]

CBRRRRR999, 27 and britx303 like this.
  3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Don’t be hating on the dad & granddad bods.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup:

5. britx303

Pfff……I was born with a dad-bod:D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dude I do not miss the days of surprise meats out of the freezer… you never knew which organ and or body part of what animal you’d get… seriously:)

CBRRRRR999 and pickled egg like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Kudos to you guys who can go multiple days of fasting in a row.

If I can go one day I'm pretty pleased with myself.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

...you're weak and need to man the fuck up. I mean, soda?! :D

CBRRRRR999, 27 and BigBird like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean you could say the same about beer, hookers and meth....but, here we all are.

418, tl1098 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

No offense taken. Like I’m too small for being 5’6” and a 1/2 or too big?

11. britx303

Small. But I was an 11 pounder at birth, and that thickness:height ratio stayed,so it’s all a matter of perspective. I’m 5’-8”+/- so nothing really major in your height difference. The lightest I’ve been since a teenager is right around 200. And that took serious abnormal calorie depletion. Average weight throughout my 20’s-30’s was 275. Heaviest was 305. It’s just unnatural for me to be light. Doctors and bloodwork confirmed. My healthiest numbers are when I’m less lean…….but I won’t do 305 again either. So, as I said it’s all just a matter of perspective, and just hard for me to imagine myself being anywhere near 150 lbs. . When I did starve down to 200 for racing, everyone (from the PL community) thought I was dying :D

zamboiv likes this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Let's fast talking.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

After roughly four hours without food, I turn into a psychotic mass murderer. If the emperor needs me to reveal the location of the secret rebel base, he just needs to hold a big piece of Wensleydale slightly out of my reach.

CBRRRRR999 and SuddenBraking like this.
  14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

You're built like a brick aren't you? I'm built more like JZ. I'm 5'8 and usually weigh in mid 140's. When I was cycling alot I hovered right at 140. If I hit 150 I feel it. I hear it now and then about my weight (or lack of) and I just joke that I must have hollow bones like a bird. It used to piss off one of my competitors that no matter what cheater motor he brought he couldn't out run me. I had a 50 + pound weight advantage. :D

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

can you feel the disdain for your lightweight ass from here?!? :D

Back when all our bikes were equal all my buddies about your size could stay with me riding half as well and shadow me…

I’m 70 hours in now… hunger gone… easier than I remember so far…

you notice anything new or special about your fast this time?

Phl218, wsmc42 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dang man! You’re a stout dude!

I knew you’re a lifter but didn’t realize it was a power lifter physique… you talking about FZR400s and punk music had me envisioning you as a bulked up skater kid :D

britx303 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  17. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

calorie is a measure of energy, you are correct - if it is zero - its zero...its not storing anything. energy tansfers - if there is no energy to transfer there is - no energy. i drink zero cal pop every day. it is DEF a better choice than reg . better than water? nope - but i drink a lot of that as well (with zero cal sweetner too at times), even on prep for a show (as does the wife). it wont make you fat like reg pop.

britx303 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  18. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

try kodiak cakes. also protein french toast - 7egg whites, bit of cinnamon, little stevia and vanilla - 4 slices of bread, sugar free syrup. YUM!

britx303 and wsmc42 like this.
  19. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Haha. I can!

Nice work on the fast. I'm sure you are past 72 by the time. Today when I woke up, I popped right out of bed. I haven't done that in a while. Good energy and clear head so far. I can even give some hard data on immune system reset. I had blood work on Tuesday. My blood counts were all to the low side and my white cells were just below normal. They retested my blood yesterday at a yearly physical. My white cells jumped close to one point, red cells went up and several other markers. And of course glucose went from 102 to 71 because I still have had not eaten a big meal. Was interesting to see data proof.

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

wow! That’s cool that you actually have the data… I have absolutely no idea about any of that as I’ve never been to a Dr without a broken bone and I don’t get sick or have any issues… just wanted to try it longer term

the fasting is a win win as I’ll drop some fat, which is always good for anyone, and hopefully activate those stem cells and get rid of bad ones…

I didn’t even plan to fast until I skipped a few meals and just decided to do it longer… I’ll keep going as long as I’m feeling alright and I’m fine now but who knows… I’ll stick out the 4 days as principle at least

wsmc42 and Phl218 like this.