1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Shipper Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

So I’m not having any luck in finding a good company to transport a bike. A couple that have been recommended on here have let me down.

I need a bike transported from Denver to Baltimore.

I would love a recommendation from folks on here that have good experiences with a shipping company.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Forward Air was always the best, but sadly I think they got out of the bike shipping deal.

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Maybe mention the companies that didn't do well for you, so they don't get mentioned again.

Banditracer likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you can pallet the bike, try Fastenal?

5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Motoshippers hasn’t responded to my email quote request, but not gonna flame them yet. I’ll try ringin them up.

Another company was supposed to pick it up last week, but they screwed up the timing of it, so I had to cancel and get a refund. They messed up, but they apologized and quickly refunded my money, so I don’t want to flame them either.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Come on, BBS rules say lynch first and ask questions later

ducnut and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

I have used Haulbikes several times over the years with good results, others have not had a good result. My only complaint would be that they always were late with delivery but that did not matter to me as much as not damaging my bike, but it has been two years since I shipped anything.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hit up Jeremy Dunn on Fb.
    He works for Motoshippers and is a past wera racer and one of the nicest dudes you’ll meet.

I know they STAY busy

Once a Wanker.. and t11ravis like this.
  9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks RB, that’s the kind of insider info I was hoping for.

10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Good thing you mentioned the company ;)

Hope the dude comes through for you :)

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

@mot
    If you're on Facebook just message Tim Weig. Jeremy Dunn or Andy Palmer

12. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Another +1 for Motoshippers, they've delivered 2 bikes for me

13. L1MTD

L1MTD Active Member

Tim at Motoshippers has delivered 2 for me. Hard to get ahold of at times even texting on his cell (which he ok’d me to do). Not from lack of care but they are just busy.

Omar Farias is my fav in the biz and has brought me 5-6 bikes at least, along with a massive dealer sign once, but he rarely goes full west coast because of fuel prices.

This is his business, Foxhound Performance:

https://g.co/kgs/hcKnPZR

14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Emailed and called them early last week, but no response at all. I’ll try messaging via FB, but it’s frustrating to be blown off like they seem to be doing.

15. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

@Booger - I PM'd you, contact Jeremy. They're swamped this time of year, snowbirds are starting their spring migration

16. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Definitely not ignoring you, we are wide open and trying to catch up from the holidays. Give Tim a call or text, we’re a small company and Tim handles all of the calls as well as keeping the other drivers full and he’s driving around and delivering bikes too. To say he’s a busy man is an understatement. 505-917-3349

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Another one for Moto shippers.

I got a bike out of California, and there couldn't have been any more red flags when talking to the guy. The bike was in California but he was in Hawaii, wanted me to just send check and call it good. It was a lot of money and I didn't want to risk it. Not sure who I talked to about it from moto shippers but he said for a extra $100 dollars I could send him the money, he would take the guy cash and if wasn't legit he would send me back my money. I did this and it worked out perfect. The guy ended up being honest and forgot to load some parts with the driver he found later and shipped them to me on his own dime. The guy that dropped it off was a really awesome dude.( not sure if he works there still,had a white dodge dully) Moto shippers didn't have to take the time to stop at the bank and with draw the money just to protect me. Found out from driver it was a little bit of a pain cause most bank in cal don't have a lot for his truck and trailer. but they did all that for only an extra $100. I would have gladly paid more to protect my money and not get ripped off. Thanks to everyone at Moto shippers.

jeremy dunn likes this.
  18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Really appreciate you chiming in here, I’ll keep trying as it seems like you guys are the best.

jeremy dunn likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

+ 1 for moto-shippers.

Great service!

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I had a great experience with MotoShippers in 2022. They picked up my bike from a buddy's place in Oakland, CA and delivered it to me in Chicago on-time.
    They'll do you right. They keep busy, so sometimes the guy you are texting/calling is driving