1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'23/24 NHL Hockey

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I didnt realize how rare it is but the Pens goalie scored a goal!

SundaySocial and 27 like this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

First one in franchise history rare!

3. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Barasso never netted one. He always played the puck.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good gawd, the Caps were painful to watch last night.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I don’t know how long it’s gonna last, but the Flyers are on a roll. In the last 5 games (since Cutter Gaithersburg said he didn’t want to play for the team and got traded for Drysdale), they’re 5-0, swept a 3 game road trip, and beat 2 of the top teams in the West (including a shutout of the Jets).
    And if you haven’t seen it, search for Owen Tippet’s 2nd goal against Dallas last night. Goal of the year candidate.

SundaySocial likes this.
  6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

They've been surprising, for sure!

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Not very often you can play pond hockey in Louisville, it's the first time my son has ever done it. Had a great day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seiko, R1Racer99, Sabre699 and 4 others like this.
  8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

To Philadelphia Flyers fans everywhere, I apologize for this post that has been the ultimate jinx. I had no idea that this post would result in their longest losing streak of the season, Owen Tippett going on IR, the teams season resting on the shoulders of a rookie goalie, and for Carter Hart possibly playing his last NHL game and being granted a leave of absence that will shock the entire hockey community if it is anything other than the Canadian Junior hockey sexual assault allegations.
    I hope this is another situation similar to the Duke lacrosse scandal and it turn out to be a bunch of false allegations. If the allegations are true, fuck ‘em and the horses they all rode in on.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  9. lee955i

Yeah, i'm fully convinced my Devils are having an absolutely cursed season. Literally half the team is or has been on IR, tendys have been hot garbage, whoever is coaching the defensive structure need a kick in the ass, and now two players lost to the Hockey Canada fiasco. FFS even the coach got knocked out of a game due to injury..:crackup::crackup:. What a mess!!!!

R1Racer99 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hopefully the Bruins do not win the cursed President's Trophy this year. :Poke:

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Myth is that 600 years ago Lord Joey “sticky boy” Jersey, originator of the Jersey fist pump, was cursed by a wizard for shitting in his fort. The Wizard cursed Lord Jersey, his offspring, his lands and any future lands to smell, produce shit music, their lands to be populated by steakheads and suck at all sports.
    Lord Jersey’s off spring, 300 years later thought they were smart (and they were. . . For Jersey people) and named their new lands New Jersey thinking the Wizard wouldn’t know the difference.

That’s the myth as to why New Jersey sucks at sports, is full up with fist pumping steakheads, Bon Jovi music and Smells like a billy goat’s ass . Take it for what it’s worth.

worthless and tl1098 like this.
  12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

That’s awesome. We usually get a couple months of outdoor skating in Minnesota but this year it was a week and it was below zero so I didn’t even go out. The pond hockey tournaments got canceled because the damn lakes wouldn’t freeze.

13. lee955i

Possible, but at least they have three times more Stanley cups than the NY Rangers over the last 80 plus years. ;):D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Rangers, only good thing is the Misfits song they had them write and record but were too much of pussies to use. Pussy ass pussies. :D

15. rd400racer

Hey! Don't be dissing my boys in blue:D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was farting in your general direction with that, King Arthur. :D

at least you’re not an islanders fan. :D that’s a criminal offense. :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

@rd400racer nice start to the Rangers devils game yesterday. :D

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."

19. rd400racer

Son and I were on a plane to Vegas watching it. Flight attendant gave us a funny look when we started wooping it up :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In cases of premeditated fights like these, do they put all goons on the ice to start a game to make sure they have the best players are available for the rest of the game?