1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Did they not learn that the voiceovers don’t go well? Kind of painful to listen to. I would much prefer captions.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I expect the livery to change. No title sponsor? Inconceivable!

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

All of that expense and show for really nothing. what a waste

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All those unknown (to me) sponsors on the bike might disagree. I'm sure they loved today. :D

5. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I do hate snow...

6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

SGVRider likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Martin should leave, and Ducati should let him go. Ducati spurned him twice, even if they promoted Martin now there will be a level of sour grapes there that’s not worth dealing with considering how stacked their talent pipeline is.

Jorge is incredibly talented and should have the chance to step up at a team where he can be the definitive number one. If he went to factory Ducati he’d be at odds with Pecco immediately and it would eventually lead to a falling out between Ducati and one or both of them.

Is there room at the inn for Jorge? Is Mir actually going to leave? He suffered a ton this past year but I don’t think that’ll continue. The new RCV looks promising and I have every confidence Honda will turn things around in the next 1-2 years.

I also wouldn’t get rid of Marini. He’s a solid keep his dead down worker who’s not going to create massive expectations for performance from the factory but who will happily do grunt work. That’s a service Honda sorely needs at this juncture and Martin won’t provide. Martin is a marquee race and championship contender, not a worker bee.

That said, I think Martin at a resurgent Honda would absolutely win championships. This would be a better move for him than going to factory Ducati, even if he isn’t as immediately as performant on the Honda as the Duc.

BigBird likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And it will be interestingly messy if Enea, meanwhile, starts performing as expected......

cbush and Quicktoy like this.
  9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Enea is an animal. I’m confident he’ll come back and contend this year, the question is whether he can be consistent enough to beat Mr. Bagnaia. Bagnaia is Mr Consistency himself except for the occasions when he lowsides himself at the front, so that’s probably a tall order.

Then if Enea is a legit threat, where does that leave Ducati? Historically having 2 guys capable of winning the championship hasn’t worked long term for their employer.

Martin might just be shown up by Enea this year significantly and not have the luxury of rejecting a factory Duc offer.

To be honest, the prospects of a successful Martin/factory Duc partnership were probably done the day Ducati promoted Enea instead.

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Holy fuck. Youll be able to see the Rossi bikes from Space. LOL
    I kinda like it and im not a huge fan of yellow, but this kinda gives you zero choice....

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's like they coloured them in with a highlighter.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dang, was not expecting THAT yellow. :crackup:

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

surprised ebay is not a title sponsor

Pertamina Enduro VR46 MotoGP
    [​IMG]

Dragginass likes this.
  16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I can live with the livery. Actually think it would look great for track days without the large red and light blue on the sides. The riders suits though…ugh.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If the yellow was Ferrari yellow. . .

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

ARE YOU FUCKIN HIGH?!?! It's like they saw the Orange Cat bikes in MA last year and went, "Yea, we'uh can'uh mek eet a'more ugly"

Circacee likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's definitely better than the powder blue Gresini bikes

grapemustard and prm like this.
  20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I'm all for Fluo yellow liveries, but I'm kinda shaking my head at this one. Especially coming from Rossi's camp. He's always working with the best designers in the biz.....and this shit just looks phoned in.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.