1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for bike/gear storage in South Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 18, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'd like to kickstart my trackday/racing & skydiving again, but this time on the east coast, so looking for storage or garage space year round in a safe neighborhood. It would be the bike, rear stand, and a couple large totes. Bonus would be space to park my minivan, but I figure I can put that in a RV type storage lot.

Thought I would put it out here to see if someone could benefit from a little extra income. HMU!

BigBird likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

t t t

3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

What part of Florida specifically?

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ideally somewhere between Miami and Palm Beach, or thereabouts.

5. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

motion likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I know you don’t live in an inexpensive area, but, FL storage costs, especially along the coasts, are astronomical. Storage big enough for your van and bike will be difficult and have waiting lists, as storage investors can’t get facilities built fast enough. I’d suggest looking at smaller towns, inland, like between Winter Haven and Sebring, which are pretty clean and safe. I’d stay away from the entire perimeter of Lake Okeechobee and any other town, headed west or south, toward the Gulf. The poor, homeless, and illegals have nothing to lose. Lastly, I’d strongly suggest you spread insecticide granules all around the floor and put TomCat poison in the unit, as well. Mice, ants, cockroaches, termites, etc, are a real problem, in FL.

7. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Chris boy in Lauderdale.

MELK-MAN and ungwaha like this.
  8. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've been storing my truck at a place called yachty rentals in Ft. Lauderdale for the last 5 years. Also have kept bikes there. It's a pretty flexible locally owned place with nice people. I would give them a call and explain what you need. I had a separate storage unit with personal belongings and my track bike at a storage unit and the prices are insane. Sold the track bike and still have a personal unit for a good price at a new place.

motion and ducnut like this.
  10. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Sounds even better. Just has to help sell all the parts, and he gets storage space! What a great deal for everyone all around.

tl1098 likes this.
  11. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Wrong coast but I have a residential garage with a security system in Tampa available.

motion likes this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Motion wants to hang with the new yawkers and not the midwesterners?!!??

Im offended

motion likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just load all the stuff in the van and park it in Liberty City and walk away.
    It eliminates the middleman. :D

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You'll have a little better luck if you look a little further north. Plus there are a couple small airports you can land the G5 at.

motion likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks, that is super helpful info. I would have guessed storage was cheap in FL, but appears that I'm wrong about that.

ducnut likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

How big is your space and what are you paying? Any problems with pests?

Where ya been lately?

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks, I appreciate that! Not too familiar with that coast, although we really like the Naples area. What's your closest track?

18. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

I'll be in Naples in 2 weeks but I'm just a snow bird renter not smart enough to buy before the covids made property prices nuts down there.:eek:

motion and ducnut like this.
  19. Captain Morgan

my space is where they park it outside, covered it for a while and seem to do more harm than good. Paid for inside storage off the start short term but have pretty much been gone along time but when I'm back nice to have a truck to get around. I pay 100 a month for my truck. But like I said this isn't a storage unit place, if you tell them I have 1 bike that doesn't take up much space and a couple of totes who knows the price?

motion likes this.
  20. Captain Morgan

In the Bahamas, back to work after Africa 20231229_114649.jpg

KneeDragger_c69, motion and tl1098 like this.