1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is A. Gobert still alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well I’m a little better about it after reading this.

fyi, Miriam was also the “FlattrackLive” lady before she moved to Aus to be with a Gobert. To my knowledge she still actually owns the family crash business.

she was close to the family and I take her word for it.

Says he had no regrets and was happy.

backbone and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. wac

wac Well-Known Member

RIP .

3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Ya or babies that given drugs to quit crying. Just a choice they should man the fuck up. /s

4. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I would bet about anything that the percentage of successful racers that have an addictive personality is much higher than the general population. Of course it doesn't always manifest as substance abuse but it never surprises me when it does.

418 likes this.
  5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Gotta be one of the biggest false equivalences I've seen in some time.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Because no alcoholic or drug user ever uttered the phrase "I can stop anytime I want to."

ToofPic, CRA_Fizzer and stk0308 like this.
  7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

How can you tell when an addiction is lying? When there lips are moving...

My BIL is an addict. Booze and pain killers. Stayed with us for a while. I finally had to kick his lying ass out.

People that say just get them into rehab are full of shit. Unless they hit absolute rock bottom and actually want to try, it's pointless. Nothing you do or say will make a difference.

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Black89 and ToofPic like this.
  9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i am watching a girl i went to high school go through this right now - as it all seems to be airing on her FB. she was (is??) a nurse (she has kids - grown)...crack, coke etc....recently she was on a bender again, taking money from every friend, then eventually a friend let her stay with her and her kids...well she stole the womans car and went missing for weeks, living on the street, actually gave the car to a couple of homeless people - which is how the police recovered it...and she was found on the street and then placed in hospital.

now shes asking for prayers - people saying how strong she is etc etc...this wont be her first stint in rehab...when i saw her at my HS reunion 10 yrs ago, she was a mess - and she had just gotten out of rehab. guess she hasnt hit bottom yet?

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Microdosing psylocibin has shown great effects on people kicking addiction to the curb.

as weird as it sounds
    There is a whole movement behind all the positive effects with very few downsides

neither my opinion or experience, just something i’ve read about couple of times

and RIP Gobert

11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

He didnt waste his talent, he raced in GP's and all over the world and failed a piss test that the AMA only gave to him. He wasn't the only one smoking weed and still isn't.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Matthew Perry dying from addiction was given barbiturates as a baby because he was crying. That shit doesn't help.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

There's alot of kids born with addiction due to parents that used.They normally ween the kids off,but it does exist. Before I moved out to California i visited my Dads grave,and all of my family thats now gone. Regardless of what anyone says,there is something to be said for substance abuse running in families.It had never occurred to me until I looked out at all those names, and how they passed away was all alcohol related,and a few from marlboro reds. No one generally wants to air the dirty laundry,but I know a few guys,including myself that race that struggle with alcoholism. Something as simple as going to a grocery store,or walking down the wrong aisle can crash my sobriety.I never met Gobert,but I sure as shit understand him.I havent stopped thinking about it.God bless his mother,and family.

SundaySocial, 418, Bugslayer and 7 others like this.
  14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I was in the Ocean Deck one night and I ran into Vic Fasola. That's when Anthony was riding the Duc and Vic was his crew chief. I asked his how Anthony was working out and he said fine, you want to talk to him, he's over there. He pointed at the bar and there was Anthony playing suck face with some blond. I told Vic naw, he looks busy, but Vic said go ahead it's OK. He had to tell me it was OK a couple of more times before I approached Anthony. Like everybody else says, he was happy to talk to me, not in any hurry to get back to the girl.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I bad wanted to try this a couple years ago. What I've seen about it is all good.

Just to be clear, I don't drink or have any addictions. Wanted to try to rewire reoccurring thought patterns in my brain.

Since psylocibin clinics aren't common I tried a float/sensory deprivation tank. I've done that a lot the last two years. It's been good for me, but I'd still try psylocibin if the opportunity fell in my lap.

27 likes this.
  16. John Branch

John Branch 90125

I have been a 35 year plus smoker of cigarettes, I have been on a break from cigarettes almost all of 2023, with a couple here or there with the help of micro dosing mushrooms :bow:

Phl218, terminus est, iagsxr and 3 others like this.
  17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I did 40+ years and quit last year. Just decided no more and stopped. Weird part is no craving. For me just say no works.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was just thinking about digging up the quit smoking thread on here. I'm coming up on an anniversary mid February. Don't remember if it is 15,16,17...No way will I agree with you on the no cravings. I still get em from time to time. I can just look cross-eyed at them and laugh now, but that was a cast iron bitch for a few months.

The thread subject bums me out. Never met hi., but I have known a family member who could have been a Boxer whose name you would know. He wasted his life and talent on drugs and hung himself on his 43rd birthday. :(

19. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

You don’t know me from Adam but I’m not sure I’d recognize you without one! Always admired your SVs.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Why I said weird, can't explain it. Simply don't even think about them, feel like I never smoked.

tl1098, Rising and ToofPic like this.