1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like VW isn’t the only culprit

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Jan 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Got the snail mail about it and I checked the box saying my repair was already done and sent it back.

BigBird and tl1098 like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

a "friend" that used to have an ecodiesel 1500 got all the recalls and emissions shit done, plus a couple grand from the class action ...
    just to swap the ecu after each visit back to the one with the EGR shut off and the hot tune...

folks without that kind of plan B will do the best to stay out of the shops.

5axis and YamahaRick like this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Immediately seeing the name Bonta, told enough that it’s a bullshit and likely corrupted ruling

6. Jon Bawden

Jon Bawden Member

In CA the recall needs to be done before they will issue renewal tags. I don't know if the 17 other states that follow CA emissions rules will follow the same protocol. From what I've read so far the revised programming reduces EGR and increases DEF usage by a lot, similar to the newer Cummins programming.

7. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel got caught up in the first FCA debacle. Initial fix via the recall made a real mess of things. Luckily, they extended the warranty, too. That ultimately saved me as they later had to replace the entire emissions system. I think it was another $4.5k in parts alone. Ultimately, I feel FCA handled the situation well and have been very fair. My Jeep has run very well since (so far, anyway). I'll cross over 200k miles next week.

I love the damn thing. Wonderful scope. Tows my 7x14 across the country really well. I can unhook the trailer at a hotel and take a client to lunch without flinching. Go racing over the weekend and haul it all home on Sunday.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Billions in fines have been or will be paid, so exactly
    whose pockets is that money ending up in? And what
    actual good has been accomplished?

27, 418 and 5axis like this.
  9. I live in a small town in NeGa. Seems the consensus in my town is this is all part of the conspiracy. “Make ma damn truck slow as pig shit so I have to use more damn diesel ta pull that there damn trailer. I reckon this is there plan for o have more of a hold on us for damn fuel prices all be damned” that’s a pretty accurate summary from the local Waffle House, Walmart parking lot, tractor supply and any other places that just have magnets to pool the brain power. And yes I was close enough to hear it and I’m educated but not smart :)

R1Racer99 and Hyperdyne like this.
  10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

They won’t stop till all the fossil fuel burners are out of business.

418 likes this.
  11. Jon Bawden

Jon Bawden Member

Most people cheer when "greedy corporations" are charged massive fines. It takes no more than a middling level of critical thinking skill to understand these fines amount to nothing more than a tax on consumers in the form of higher costs for goods. These fines usually go to the treasury department general fund and then can be spent however congress pleases...you know, the same place our civil fines, I mean taxes go.

10-15, CBRRRRR999, R1Racer99 and 2 others like this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yep they hate us all

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Which small town? I have a place in suches and frequent that exact list of establishments that are the backbone of every little town up here.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

When they first started putting crazy regen emissions stuff on Diesels, I was wondering if anyone that created them could do math.

We cut emissions in half. cool, that helps. Did you see that the mileage also got cut in half? Half emissions x double fuel usage over the same mileage = same emissions with a higher fuel bill. Doesn't it?

15. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I beleive this is the nail in the coffin for Cummings.
    They cannot survive this. Theve shuttered several manufacturing plants, scaled back production and even ceased exports to many markets. and spun off divisions to buyers. all in very short order.

I think they saw this coming after the VW/ Audi ordeal, and theve been preparing for a exit from the stage.

VW/Audi far and away the current largest automotive group in earth, can afford it, but a faltering engine company in todays world stage?

It's a curtain call. Diesels are a hour glass that's almost out of sand. Like it or not that's the reality, they ain't ever coming back. Change happens relatively fast these days

16. Toccoa

Once a Wanker.. and notbostrom like this.
  17. No place for logic. None.

Once a Wanker.., 418 and stickboy274 like this.
  18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

All it takes is for a few states to say "the epa has no authority here. Iowa has no vehicular emissions standards"

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I don’t think you’ll see Cummins vanish from this earth.

The industrial engine market is orders of magnitude larger than their medium truck market. Their new nat-gas and hybrid fuel engine lines are catchword compliant and will secure a LOT of market share in markets where mamby-pambyism is enforced through fiat. And simply by virtue of their installed base of engines worldwide in every industry under the sun, methinks your Nostradamus-level predictions will be more akin to Miss Cleo.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Careful. That’s how Iowegia loses all those highway funds that Mother DC likes to bribe her wayward states with.

Once a Wanker.. and tony 340 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.