1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Max rode for Brendan at MadMonkeyMoto last year on the Indian bagger and on Thrashed Bike's R1 in Superbike. he had a good time!! more laps is always better than less laps!!!
    tim

RRP, stk0308 and Monsterdood like this.
  2. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

Good question - would like to know how many and why/why not. Found about it myself from RW.

I seriously think that demographic doesn't read anything with any focus at all outside its market. A mainstream motorcycle magazine editor told me that after focusing far more coverage on that market (Because "iTs sO pOpUlaR") not only didn't gain any readership, but actually lost some.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nobody in the USA wants fully faired sport bikes any more. Its a fad that is winding down. I hate baggers, too, but if we want roadracing to survive in the USA, its time to start thinking out of the box.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Let's go back to nakeds! I've still got my '81 KZ1000 Superbike....

AndrewG725 likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

This too. The 883 had no fairings, electronics, ecu mapping, shifter cut out, etc., etc. So simplicity at its finest, can that be said for a 400 Ninja? And most if not all of the paddock heat cycled the race rear tire like they do in auto racing.

And didn't someone mentioned fairings on bikes are becoming less prevalent?

6. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

and that’s just the sales price, I have taught for Harley many times and every dealer I’ve worked at the bikes have like 1-8k in markup plus super high fees and other just made up fees, to where people are paying 50-60k for some of those baggers out the door. I’m amazed they sold them as long as they did for how bad the performance to dollar ratio is.

7. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

definitely. Bagger racing is becoming more popular. At the Harley dealer I was teaching at I noticed customers and employees actually sometimes knew who Kyle Wyman even was, which blew my mind. If they didn’t know riders or what MotoAmerica is they knew what AMA racing was or at least the existence of performance baggers and wanted to talk about it and they seemed into the parts.

I have only met probably 4 people in the wild that knew what MotoAmerica was/watch it and thought it was so cool to race in it

Eeyore likes this.
  8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Honestly BRL at Pitt this spring was wild. They had to move the schedule around to (among other reasons) move the bagger races later because there was so many people stuck at the gate trying to get in to watch, almost all on Harleys...

5axis likes this.
  9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

When does Yamaha come out with a Star bagger racer???

10. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Just strip the fairings off the Yamaha/Ducati/Suzuki Superbikes and put bags and Harley / Indian Stickers on em ;). Thats pretty much what they did to those bikes.

5axis and evakat like this.
  11. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

I talked to Tige about letting the FJR1300 in baggers ( and really acted serious ) ..... it techically is one, and MotoA could use their ECU magic, ala GSXR750, for balancing.... he just glared and me and said "NOPE... Yamaha already has enuff here". :Poke:

SundaySocial likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Boomerism? All that “okay boomer” is some of the laziest and also stupidest insults for a gen z lack wit to try.
    I’m gen X, artard. :D

RRP, Ducman851, brex and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

buzz-06 likes this.
  14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Bmw should join w their K1600bagger

evakat and 5axis like this.
  15. 198Rick

198Rick Member

Yeah, that one actually handles good out of the box!

16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Whippersnapper

AndrewG725 likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Baby boomers, selling you rumors of their history
    Forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the 70's :D

18. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

AndrewG725 and 418 like this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't know if this had been mentioned here but BMW gave Mladin a street K1600 to run around on in AUS.

No, seriously.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

And so far he really likes it.