1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If they went to these rules here, I'd go wander around one or two again. I stopped a few years back because of how bad it has gotten.

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Hah thats what she said.....
    Nah i hear ya which is why i like that horse shoe reticle on the holosun

3. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

The auto adjust is ok, it’s a little slow to catch up, it has definitely improved, but I still lock it on adjustment based on scenario. If I know it’s gonna be dark I just do the 30min override . The co-witness helps a lot since it sits lower.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

:confused:I’m really torn. I like the idea of it sitting lower and direct mount but im leary of the auto adjust. I want to try a green dot too so I guess I’ll get one and see what happens. If I hate it there is a pretty good used market on Reddit.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

i bought a cz p10s from a local ffl/shop.

a month later, i ordered a psa ar15 online and had it sent to tjis ffl (they were already listed in psa’s ffl network)

so i go to lick up the rifle and felt the need to buy another pistol or 2 from them

An arex rex zero 1 tc and a cz p07, totalling $844

i told dude to see if the boss woud take $800 for both. He comes back and says $825, which is about a 2% discount.

i was ike wtf. So i bought the arex rex only but looking back i wish i would have told them to keep both the damn guns.

They couldnt swalliw a 5% cash discount on 2 used guns?

so i have a weapon being sent to them now and i aint buyin shit from them this time :)

6. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I like the green for sure. The auto adjust shouldn’t be a make or break. If it’s at night, the sight will already be adjusted for night and if it’s day the same. For the rare instance you are in both, it’s only a second or so before it changes. I’d be pretty confident to say you’ll enjoy it

7. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I looked at the manual this morning.
    Lockout Mode Activiation: Hold the "+" button for 3s (until LED blinks once) to activate lock mode (prevents setting changes). To deactivate, hold "+" for 3s. LED will blink once to confirm deactivation.
    Hope this helps:rtfrb:
    LOL!

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Threaded barrel for the ol' FiveseveN finally landed.

Yes, it's quiet, but the gun won't cycle with that big can on there anyway. The silencer-height sights weren't tall enough for the Trash Panda photo'd, but it was still fun to shoot, even if it didn't function properly. I've an El Camino in NFA purgatory which goes with this gun purrrrfectly. I think the best part about 5.7 is that it's a really clean-burning round thanks to its really high pressure design; just wipe it down, add oil, and you can put it away.
    panda powa.jpg

Razr likes this.
  9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Even with a booster?

10. Resident Plarp

There’s no Nielsen device on the Trash Panda. It’s a .30 cal silencer, after all. But it’s still fun to shoot. So quiet, in fact, that I did hear a crew of thunder chickens wandering nearby.

11. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I took a gun safety class in Georgia and now that I’m down in Fla I recently went to the range and shot some guns with a friend. I did really good for first time shooting at the range. Hit all in and around the bullseye. I was kinda proud of that so I had to come brag in this thread. I hope to go back soon and do some more.

GixxerJohn011, Razr, Clay and 2 others like this.
  12. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

I need some recommendations on an IWB holster. Currently I carry a hellcat. I got my CC permit late 2022, and never really got around to carrying. I’ve always been wanting to but I just never did.
    Right now I’ve got a Kramer leather IWB holster and it’s nicely made, but I wanted to try something different and possibly make it a little more comfortable.
    I did buy some OWB holsters a while back for a couple different glocks I’ve got, but they’re way too big and it’s pretty obvious I’ve got something under there. I’m 5’9 160, so the hellcat is much easier to hide.

13. Dillonjohnson

I should note that I do a lot of moving around during the day. In and out of heavy equipment, and some office work. Maybe I’m being a little bitch and just need to get used to it longer. Everywhere I read the Kramer holsters have great reviews.

If it makes much a difference the Kramer I’ve got is a #2 which is slightly tilted. Would a more tilted one or a more vertical one make much a difference at all? I totally understand there isn’t a holster that makes you feel like it isn’t even there, just wanna try some stuff to atleast aid me.

14. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Check out Crossbreed Holsters. Several styles, I've got the Mini Tuck for my Hellcat and it works for me pretty well.

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

@Dillonjohnson
    Try Versacarry, the comfort flex model. I carry the hellcat as well. I've tried a lot of holsters and this is, by far, my favorite iwb. It's a leather/kydex mix, with a padded backing. I also use their leather belt. The clip fits it perfectly. I will say I had to use a soldering iron and melt down the grip texture some. That was like sandpaper against my skin and became super irritating.

https://versacarry.com/comfort-flex-custom-iwb-holster-distressed-brown/

16. Dillonjohnson

One more thing is I’ve gravitated towards appendix carry more than behind the hip, it just feels more natural to me. I’ve been trying a few different ways each day though.

What I’ve found off the internet is for appendix carry I should be looking for one that mounts it vertical with no Cant. Is this the general consensus?

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Living between San Antonio and San Marcos, there's one of those shows every two weeks. I might check one out. There are some pretty good deals at a few gun stores around here.

flygirl likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

@Dillonjohnson

No matter what, you’re gonna have a cabinet full of ‘em. It’s gotten to a point where I wear different rigs for the same weapon depending on what pants are chosen for the day. But I am a bit obsessive, in that, the underwear used depends on the pants that get put on, too.

Basically, I use the same sommelier found at The Continental for my load outs. I’d like to thank Mr. Wick for the referral.

No matter what, however, leather on the body-facing side is best. Kydex with a suede cover can get a bit pokey. Metal clips for attaching to a belt tend to fenestrate shirts, so prefer plastic clips to secure the holster. There’s quite a bit out there to work with but, just like suspension, you don’t know what the good stuff is until you’ve tried it.

sanee and Dillonjohnson like this.
  19. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Do you have a true gun belt? I tried using an old leather belt when I started carrying and it did okay’ish. The belt really started to wear and the gun wanted to flop over the belt making concealment pretty tough. I finally listened and bought a proper belt. A good belt can mask a crappy holster but a shit belt will ruin a great holster.

Any company that bends kydex will make something for a Hellcat. My favorites are Tier 1 Concealed and Vedder holsters.

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I have a DA Wolfman, it covers 9mm all the way up to 30 cal. Always needs a booster on pistols to cycle in either short or long configuration.