1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst concert

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Dec 20, 2023.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Too often
    black eyed peas taboo got angry at a crowd of 100o off the main stage at warp tour in dc and stormed off. prima dona..
    Toby Keith at jiffy lube, had a hammered 50yo grinding on my shoulder in box seats, like way to hammered and way to inappropriate for all ocasions.
    to many others for too many reasons,

Best. Wolf Trap, Travis Tritt. The acoustics there are beyond reporach, the eveing weather early fall in nothern VA is amazing and the lightning bugs are in effect, they spray for mosquitos, you can bring in your own food and drink, but they sell as well, the lawn portion where you can set out blankets, even saw a couple with a batery powered blender making margaritas once. Travis announced early that he had paid the fine for playing too loud and too late in the area and "those concerts where you said, oh man I wish he had played x song, you wont say that tonight" He was correct, best ever.

Rebel635 likes this.
  2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Guns N' Roses at the Birmingham Race Course back in 1988(ish). Hot as could be, the concessions ran out of water and none of the fountains or even spigots worked either. The fact that the band seemed wasted and unwilling to put up even a half-assed effort was the icing on the cake.

3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Mid 80s , Ozzy shot in the dark ! My goodness that was awful. But that g n r goon axle rose has him beat! Never been to see them live but talk about killing a cat voice

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lauryn Hill?

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Can't be as bad as the Donald Duck voice of AC/DC....don't know, or care which singer it was, mainly the song Thundersuck. I always wanted to like them until I heard that song. I can fart better than that guy can sing.

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

ZZ-Top Atlanta,Omni 1983,free tickets for my birthday.That stupid lazer light show was lame,no weed to be found.
    I wasn't nuts about them to begin with,but they sucked!

Best was Van Halen Atlanta.They were throwing back tons of Jack daniels on stage,and never missed a lick!
    Oh almost forgot the dogshit Beach Boys at lanier islands .. Wish I could have found a rock to throw,or knife,chinese stars,grenade?

7. Guns N’ Roses / Metallica. Axel rose and his refusing to go on stage.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've seen them three times with various lineups since the 90's and had a blast each time. Your bad night must have been a heavy heroin performance :beer:

Oh wait I just remembered I saw Van Halen w that dude from Extreme as front man. Only Eddie's solo saved that show. Gotdamn who thought that was a good idea?

backbone likes this.
  9. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I saw GnR as an opening band for The Cult in Long Beach. Buddy and I didn't even know who they were but they put on a pretty good show. A few months later Sweet Child O'mine was all over the radio. Never saw them again. That show by the Cult by the way, was epic.

I went to quite a few concerts back in the late eighties but rarely go anymore. I think I have been pretty lucky to see good shows. That probably means I haven't gone often enough I guess

27 likes this.
  10. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Funny you say that, when I was typing it out I was thinking Pepsi Coliseum was too small. Looked it up-1994 and it was in the Hoosier Dome. Apparently my memory was a bit tainted. At any rate, it was complete shite.

Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour at the Hoosier Dome was unbelievable.

27 and Steeltoe like this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Montreal Olympic Stadium before the riots ?

12. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Only concert I walked out on was the Dead in the early 70s at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium. Don’t remember the details, just that me and my buddies left. Then I saw them in the early 80s at Maples Pavilion and it was one of the most memorable concert I’ve been to. More because of the crowd though.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That Floyd show had someone jump from the upper level, probably chasing a laser. I thought it was a great show, I was in the 8th row center stage.

Having good seats can dramatically change your concert opinion.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the Hoosier dome had just over a 50k capacity I thought… I was on stage right before the main event for SX 20 years ago and it was sold out and man that’s a bunch of people watching and cheering for a Superbike doing a silly burnout on plywood to promote road racing… but it paid well and it was definitely fun… and anything to grow our sport :D

MGM likes this.
  15. Yepper. I was 16 or 17, tagged along with my older cousin and his friends. Drive there from Windsor. Thankfully most of us avoided the carnage, a few didn’t. Being at the age I was and a couple of the smarter ones you know if you get arrested it can kill career options as a lot of jobs post graduation were in the US. Hockey did teach me a lot about common sense and not getting into shit that just isn’t worth it. We grabbed a taxi towards our hotel and I was let into a bar so we drank there until god knows what hour.

cha0s#242 and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Joan Jett at the Fox theater in Atlanta new years eve mid eightys , she didnt want to be there and you could tell and promptly left the stage @ 12:01 am . My wife whom i had yet to meet was on the same chartered bus from the local pub and we married 25 years later and we didnt know we were on the same bus until after we were married .

17. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Deep Purple mid seventies,they were horrible.Best part of the show,some young girl in what passed for a luxury box back then kept yelling" Woman from Tokyo"
    after every song.Lights come on in the box and they're covered in soda pop,direct hit from a couple of bombs from people in the regular seats in front of them.That was the best part of the show,We didn't stick around for the encore.

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

TT puts on a hell of a show. For someone that's relatively introverted, you'd never know the way he cuts up on stage.

stk0308 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty much any overly loud local band in a tiny ass basement bar I worked at...

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

All I'm going to say is that I actually liked Rush until I saw them live.

Steeltoe likes this.