1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro-Fiber Bodywork: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'General' started by Evolution247, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Evolution247

Evolution247 Well-Known Member

I'm exploring new bodywork for one of my bikes. I'm curious if anyone has had any positive experiences with Pro-Fiber (listed on eBay). The pricing seems decent, but I did notice that it says "International shipping - items may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's customs value. Sellers declare the item's customs value and must comply with customs declaration laws. As the buyer, you should be aware of possible: Import duties and taxes which buyers must pay. AND Brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery." This gives me pause as I don't want to pay much money on top of the initial purchase price. Does anyone have any experience with them? Good, bad, or other? Thanks in advance.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you in USA? I don't have any experience with this vendor, but I've NEVER paid import duty on all the hundreds of items I've bought from outside USA.

3. Evolution247

I'm in the US (TX). Yeah, I haven't either. It was listed out on their eBay listing.

4. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I used one of their tank wrap panels for my old zx10r after the OEM panels got banged up. It came packed well and was incredibly lightweight. Thin of course for that, but made well and it installed easily.

For US, you'll be fine on import duties. Slovenia is a NATO country and on the friendly list for mail.

5. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

I’ve paid duties a bunch. It’s different everytime. I believe it’s anything over $800 shipped from a business over there is subject to it. I believe it’s like 5 or 6% of the total value of the items. I had some carbon bodywork come over for my R1 and it was like 200$ or something in duties. It’s an easy process if it’s shipped DHL. They usually email or text you all the info, and it’s all done online. Takes about 5 minutes.

6. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Bought a set a few years back for a Daytona 675. First set came poorly packaged with extensive damage. They replaced them without a fuss, but I found the fit to be very poor. They’re gel coated so watch out for spider cracks. On the plus side, they are very light weight

7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I bought a kit for my 09-12 ZX6R. Price was good, shipping took 2 months, and it did NOT fit great.. It was actually pretty terrible. almost nothing lined up if using their "pre drilled" mounting holes, the fairing literally would not fit around the radiator, and the dzus fasteners they supplied were super shit.

The the bike blew up on the first weekend out, and i ended up buying a different bike altogether.

MotoX Pricambi, Is what I use now. IMO bang for the buck they are the best fairings. They crash really well, fitment is fantastic, and even the "economic" paint is really really good.

mattys281-2 likes this.
  8. Evolution247

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated. Sounds like I should stay away from them and the import taxes shouldn't be a thing since they are less than $800. I'll look into MotoX stuff as well. Thank you.

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

was a bit more than cheap brands, and haven't bought stuff from them for few years, but sharkskinz was always a safe way to go. made in usa. ionemoto.com now?

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Prov-Nov Fiber at best

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have bought three sets from them recently. 1 for my 2023 R1, and 2 for my 2017 R6. Never paid duties. Always bought through Ebay. Shipping is really fast too. They are very similar to Bikeplast who I think are the best in the business. I think Pro-Fiber is a copy of Bikeeplast as they are identical in design and come from same Country. The fasteners need to be drilled and put on yourself. Only fitment issue I ever had was on my R1 the alignment under the upper with the sides were slightly off. Everything else fits great and they paint up easily. pictures of the R1 with Pro Fiber.

https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/2023-yamaha-r1-race-bike-san-diego-county.384646/

12. This. IMO the quality is better now than it was back when it was SSkinz. Your painter will thank you as well. Don’t walk over dollars to get to Pennie’s.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Sharkskinz doesnt come with an undertail or tank cover. That was another reason why I went with Pro-Fiber. Complete undertail, front fender, and tank cover included for $575. So worth it.

Evolution247 likes this.
  14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

There's also eBay seller "moto andes sac" located in Peru. I bought a set from there a couple of years ago. It's the only set I've bought new, so I don't have any frame of reference, but it didn't give me any trouble that wasn't self-inflicted. No import duties either.

Evolution247 likes this.