1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well that Bimota is gorgeous

Discussion in 'General' started by galratner, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Bimota has always been hit or miss IMHO. I have a db4 and my friend has a db2 and sb6. I find those 3 gorgeous. The 4 (air cooled 900cc Ducati) is even nice to work on although you do need to pull a fairing to add oil. I've heard that the 6 is just a fiasco.

All 3 are real pleasures to ride on the street. Light and nimble. Quality suspension.

I go hot/cold on the kb4. Hope to see one in person some day.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Popular and relevant because Bimoto demonstrated how to build a proper sportbike

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I rode one of these while visiting a friend in Japan in 1998. It was interesting.

I made my friend panic when I pulled away from him, as I starting riding on the right hand side of the road. Luckily, I remembered the country I was in about 1.5 seconds.

[​IMG]

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The DB4 with the tricolor paint job and moto corse exhaust is one of my all
    time faves.

The guy I bought my 748 from has this one sitting in his garage. It’s got a little oil drip and the carbon exhaust is a bit discolored but I’m keeping my eye on it as a possible good deal pick up in the near future. 8015BA14-CD56-4DA4-8DEA-C8447DA3AA7E.jpeg

Mike Fennell likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Only Bimota I ever fancied was the 88’ YB7. FZR400 powered…can’t not like that.

Jed, ChemGuy, YamahaRick and 3 others like this.
  6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Although I have never seen one in person, just photos in bike mags, I recall drooling over a SB8 RS.

[​IMG]

nowayout and HPPT like this.
  7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have a friend that has a SB8 like that. It's freaking awesome in person.

8. galratner

galratner Well-Known Member

Just a coffee run.

Attached Files:

9. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

10. mattys281-2

mattys281-2 Well-Known Member

They’ve always been an interesting company. Congrats on the addition to your collection!

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

With the direction Bimota has turned to in the past few years, I'll be looking at a Vyrus if I want something truly beautiful and dripping with Italian goodness.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I like the wheels.

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The pic from the side is screaming out for an Amazon paint scheme and logo. I certainly appreciate all the bits but looking at the whole kinda hurts my brain. I'm sure it's an amazing riding experience, hope you actually flog it!