1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell - Marc to join Gresini

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Sep 7, 2023.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ducati said that Pecco’s and Jorge’s bikes were too close to the edge of reliability to give to Marc and Zarco’s was the most “stable” so that’s what he’s getting to start the season.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Zarco didn't get the latest evolution of the holeshot device.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I bet Martin wished he didn't as well...

cpettit likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Does Ducati need Marc, or does Marc need Ducati? And does Ducati really care at this point if he's the one winning? They seemed to do just fine without him.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I guess we will see what Ducati thinks when he is beating the factory guys by 10 seconds and the new Honda is nipping at their heels with Mir and Marini.

Quicktoy and 27 like this.
  6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Marc will be a happier rider on the Ducati,
    and will likely win more races than anyone is guessing at the moment....maybe even the title.

CR750 and Quicktoy like this.
  7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I think many of us miss him going out in FP1 and throwing down a gauntlet lap that would rival a qualifying time and put himself in p1 and then spend the rest of every session working on race setup on shaggged out old tires.

Senna likes this.
  8. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I am thinking the title as well. I think the Honda was pretty much a POS (compared to the Yamaha) when he won his last title.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Just reading this post this morning, not having the context from the posts above, I thought you were talking about Stoner......

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You’re confusing the best racer ever with the fastest racer ever.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Doesn't everyone?...

12. Quicktoy

Absolutely Casey would do that at times. Marc used to do it every single weekend for years. I’d really love to be able to see him do that again. I’d love to see Casey do it again too but that’s not possible. The Marc situation is.

13. Quicktoy

Marc definitely needs a Euro bike to win again. Ducati doesn’t need him but I bet they appreciate having him. I’m sure they’ve already looked at a few different things he did in the first test and were like how did he do that?

ToofPic likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well Ducati better be careful or whatever voodoo BS they're doing with their bikes is gonna get banned. (I love it)

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wonder what the factory Ducati team thinks of Gresini hiring MM?

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. wac

wac Well-Known Member

For what I can gather from all interviews and vids out there, only Gigi is happy about it.
    Ducati was happy keeping MM away from a good bike . That’s why they didn’t ‘need him’.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

I remember them saying Martin and Peco only got it with a few rounds left. I’d hoped Ducati would have adapted it to all the 2023 bikes for 2024 but maybe they will keep some parts to themselves.

18. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I hope MM doesn't get it. More fun to watch him carve up the field from a few spots back.

Seiko, Quicktoy, wac and 1 other person like this.