1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 20 | Valencia | Spain | Nov 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 20, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Care to throw a wager on this…?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He's made it clear that he has no desire to do that, healthy or not.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So we are gonna be a bunch of old guys talking about a mental case next year:clap:

Bring it on :D

motion likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think I'm already in for a hundy with Linders on this... I dunno... we're both old and can't remember anything these days :D

tl1098 and Quicktoy like this.
  5. wac

wac Well-Known Member

93 wasn’t even pushing.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I could be wrong, but the Honda wasn't exactly giving him any warning signs either. There one minute and gone the next.

BigBird and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Could be wrong but hasn't that always been a Michelin tire thing

stk0308 likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

^^THIS^^

He was on a Tuesday afternoon ride. He's not showing his hand yet.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That’s what I noticed. He looked like he was on warm up laps on the bike.

10. Quicktoy

Nope. I didn’t forget but I’m pretty sure they brought the wrong tires. Not that their tires couldn’t handle Phillip island. The fact that Lorenzo would still hold the record at Valencia on Bridgestones if they hadn’t repaved it says something about them being a better tire.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Disagree. That's not his style. He pushes to the point of crashing all the time. Also, you can't collect valuable data by cruising around. They need the data for off-season development.

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Marc's brother said the exact opposite. He said he has great feedback and knows when the front is going away.

BigBird likes this.
  13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

blah blah blah MM this MM that. Doesn't matter. Maverick showed the whole field once and again that there is only one true king of testing. Just wait for next year when the team stops calling the weekends 'races'.

DJ Baker, Benmont, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You are certainly entitled to your belief, no matter how wrong you are and how much of your belief is just based on an irrational hatred of a particular rider.
    However, note that I don't particularly care for MM as a rider nor do I particularly like Ducati as a brand, but there is no denying certain facts. The Ducati is the best bike out there. The Honda is the worst bike out there. Most of the incidents with MM were caused by him having to over ride the POS Honda to be anywhere near competetive. With a better bike he will not be compelled to ride as hard for as little reward. Look at his results compared to all of the other Honda riders back to Pedrosa. The Honda has been a POS for way longer than expected but their deficiencies have long been masked by MM's ability. The year old Ducati is a proven commodity, Gresini is a proven team and MM will be in the hunt for wins from the start of the season.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We have all seen what it looks like when he's pushing. This wasn't it. I'm not saying he wasn't trying to go fast. But this wasn't pushing.

And there is literally nothing to develop. The '23 bike is as it will finish next season. Only thing he will be working on is the setup.

Bugslayer, 27, wac and 1 other person like this.
  16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think he had to ride the Honda that way to push it to the front. On the Duc he won't have to push the bike to the limit in order to win. He just has to be him on the the bike...just my spectators opinion.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The video of Stoner and JLo watching Vinales on the monitor during his first test ride on the Yamaha is still funny to me…. CS was looking at JLo like “whoah man”….. Jlo was like “oh shit” obviously they had nothing to worry about…

KrooklynSV likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

lol Jorge Martin said in a post test interview about Marc that they’ll have to figure out how to beat him. Bahahahaha

19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Can we save this for posterity? He already looks different. Looser and more comfortable.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Don't worry, Papa will remember, he always drags this kind of stuff out in a year or two.