1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 20 | Valencia | Spain | Nov 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 20, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

They were right all along, MM93 can ride any bike fast (well except a Honda)

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He rode one faster than anyone else in the last ten years ;)

crashman and BigBird like this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

It seems to be forgotten how Bridgestone really screwed the pooch at Philip Island in 2013 causing the mandatory bike swap fiasco. There were tire issues there in 2014 as well.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. wac

wac Well-Known Member

It might be a dick slapping-soul crushing season.

Quicktoy, crashman and NemesisR6 like this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Quicktoy and 418 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He packed up early.

I watched every minute of this thing. Can't wait for next year.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yep… he got what he needed… affirmation of his abilities and his smile of loving to ride again… feelings and butts will be hurt next year for sure…

Quicktoy, CRA_Fizzer and BigBird like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

About Marquez vs. Martin: did you guys see video of them exchanging helmets? If Martin is blaming Marquez, he is hiding it well.

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Weren't there some people here who actually thought MM had forgotten how to ride, and would still suck on the Duc? Go ahead and raise your hands....

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Generational talent + best bike on the grid = many broken hearts next season. Surprised, yet not surprised at MM93 ending up in P4. It should frighten his opponents that he was smiling so quickly today. I’m not a big MM93 fan, but he has to be in the conversation about a championship next season. Once he’s enjoying riding again, which he clearly seemed to be doing today, he’s going to be insanely fast. Didn’t he win nearly every race one season riding the Honda? I could see him doing that on the Ducati.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    lopitt85 and Quicktoy like this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I loved how the showed the Gresini guy holding back a smile, and then cut straight to Puig gritting his teeth a second later, lol.

Rdrace42 and MachineR1 like this.
  15. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Sorry boys...don't care who won (or did well) practice at Valencia.

I just dont believe MM is going to be any different on new bike.

Next season of Melrose MotoGP place will be a new kettle of fish.

Imo

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Their time will come. Patience. Their time will come...

Robby-Bobby and brex like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Agreed. He's still gonna do stupid shit, still gonna crash out of the lead on his own, still gonna plow into other riders, still gonna get injured and miss races. Nothing will change. He's a mental case.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Marc definitely hasn't forgotten how to ride

BUT

-He's also 30 years old now, 10 years removed from his premier class debut. Not implying he's geriatric patient, I'm just saying....I very much doubt he'll be doing this into his 40's like Vale did.
    -He's f'ed himself up a good several times crashing that Honda the last couple of years
    -Along with that he's had to go under the knife several times to get things repaired

There's no doubt his skill has always been there, but the human body can only take so much abuse, can't forget about that

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  19. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

MM looked good in the test, but I seem to recall when Pecco binned it earlier in the season he blamed the bike being too smooth. Something along the lines of there not being any warning signs before he ended up on the ground.

With how MM has made a career of riding at the absolute limit, how will he do in a race on a bike that doesn’t give him the same warning signs?

It will be an interesting season for sure.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm not making wild speculative predictions. I'm just looking forward to there being another racey guy at the front for next year. Here hoping Bezz can maintain his level, same with Martin. I don't think Pecco is going anywhere. The only prediction I'm going to make is that Marc is going to give us a lot to talk about every race thread next year. Both good and bad :D. He won't be just another footnote like this year.

Razr, 27 and BigBird like this.