1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

@Robby-Bobby could be your rider's coach

Boman Forklift and Monsterdood like this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I remember a thread somewhere (maybe this one) where there was a whole discussion just on his interviews. There was a lot of negative blowback about them, and I went back to watch them both to see what the fuss was about. I thought they were two excellent interviews...probably the two best I've seen from him.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That was from one weekend. I said all of his interviews lol.

4. lopitt85

Didn't mean to imply that you did, sorry if it came across that way. I'm trying to get across that I don't think his interviews (even the "bad" ones) justify the dislike of the kid.

Edit: he's not out here bad-mouthing peers or opponents. He's not dropping social media content of him that would be a bad influence on kids; not breaking the law; treats fans great from every account I've ever heard; loves to race and competes hard to win; doesn't give cookie cutter interview responses...I like the kid a lot.

5. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

SDK just has too many names, that's why I don't care for him.

6. lopitt85

:crackup:

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Too bad sponsor money keeps everything greased in this biz. It would be much better entertainment with more scripted diatribes and heels and such in professional wrestling style.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, what are you saying?:D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Asshole.

:mad:

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reminds me that I read JLaw was trying another comeback that ended in embers.

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

SDK is a SuperSport Champ with 19 wins and is barely of legal drinking age....

His dad threw a water bottle at Hayden G at NJMP and got a 5 round ban that made a bunch of people dislike him. Then the following year SDK complained about the 636 and MotoAmerica decided to make this whole SDK vs. RE media battle when in actuality they are very close friends that also lead to this dislike.

In actuality, SDK is a very nice person who I watched drop everything to make some kids day, that same weekend I watched some Moto America team member ( I think they are on this board) scream abuse in his face and SDK just smiled and brushed it off.

He has about 50K followers and speaks fluent Spanish. He has outside sponsors (Fresh and Lean) and is very marketable.

mgiossi, Hoffman900 and khill like this.
  12. henry_carlson

you seem to forget the blake davis incident from this year

418 likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I did, what was it?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like I said, don’t know the kid and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup with two people in it.
    I’d like to think all the crap talking about him is just that: crap talking him, but I don’t know.

the moto2 misadventure did him no favors.

15. henry_carlson

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Henry, you’re over 40 at least right? I’d bet maybe even older?

TikTok? Really? Go sit in the corner and think about what you did. :D

17. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Except there are people who can win and aren’t assholes.

Pro racing is either a marketing exercise to sell views for sponsors, or a rich guy spending his fortune, and in either case, you need to make sure you kiss the rings that put food on your plate.

As for “not having a ride”, it’s always required money. Car racing has required you to bring money forever. Even Ayrton Senna needed his family’s money and then later some rich backer from Monaco to get to the point he got into F1. Motorsports is rife with mega talents who got nowhere or only part of the way there because they couldn’t bring money to the table.

18. henry_carlson

you must not be a very good guesser. but nahh, tik tok dosnt need an account to view so I figured itd be the best option.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I didn’t want to actually guess. People already think I’m an asshole and if I guessed over and went too high, boom, instant asshole! :Dc

20. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I've always thought SDK was over hyped. A great guy, winning smile, very marketable, and talented at a national pro level. However, anytime I spoke up about him circa 2021 being over hyped or not going to do well on the world stage I got labeled SDK hater. I don't think I'm the only one who got lumped into the bin. I'll go even further and say that I think most of the "SDK haters" are just like me. So there really isn't much in the way of dislike for SDK, just people who don't love him.

Am I smoking the good stuff or is that reasonable?

Boom likes this.