1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christopher Nolan is the most over hyped director in Hollywood.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 22, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that movie makes me muster up a hate reserved for very bad things… how dare the douchetastic asswipe ruin Halloween with stupid ass xmas shit?!?!

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Drop your gloves!

27 and Steeltoe like this.
  3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

yep, it was a masterpiece.
    Everything about it, just oozed perfection in every way possible

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Fincher, who directed Se7en, also directed Alien 3. Michael Man directed Heat but also directed Black Hat. Spielberg directed The BFG, West Side Story, etc. They’ve all had duds. But movies like The Prestige, Memento, Inception not being rewatchable is crazy-talk.

fwiw, I love all three of those directors. But why single out Nolan when Michael Bay exists?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I forgot about Memento, I need to watch that again. I love Nolan, seeing Dunkirk and Batman in a real iMax theater was amazing.

6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

You spelled Quentin Tarantino wrong

lee955i and 27 like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

absolutely! Reservoir Dogs was ok, only for Mr Pink… pulp fiction sucks… nothing like watching the same movie over and over from different perspectives… got the shitty story the first time! :D

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fair.

27 likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This thread is fuckin crazy town. Nolan and Tarantino are hands down the best of the modern age. Scorsese a close third.
    Snyder has had some good ones but just as many duds.
    Michael bay is the meme of directors.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  10. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

All in my top 10 with heat and se7en in my top 5!

R1Racer99 likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Precisely! This is my problem with Christopher Nolan flicks. They promise edge of your seat stories yet never deliver.

It's like stalking outside Jessica Alba's Miami home but she's in Barcelona so she never shows up.

That wasn't me. :oops:

Jed and Evad101 like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You and Motion should form a therapy group....

13. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’m closet DaveK level cheapskate and if I had driven or Lyft was around at the time I would’ve walked out of Kill Bill. Maybe I’m just not cool enough to “get it” ;)

27 and Steeltoe like this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

You lost me at hollywood. Could care less what those idiots do....just wish they would keep their traps shut and keep their weirdo/whackjob ideals out in fruity land.

YamahaRick and 969 like this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Tim Burton be damned……..but Michelle Pfeiffer justified Batman Returns……….just sayin’ :Putter:

16. Dave Wolfe

Propoganda!!!! All of it!!!!

Thats why I watch racing :flag: :Poke:

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What's to get? It royally sucked.

brex and 27 like this.
  18. Dave Wolfe

Yeah kill bill blows.

I do rewatch jackie brown every once in a while because its sentimental value as I grew up in the south bay

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

The thing about a Nolan film is you are pretty sure whatever the subject matter, his take will be interesting. Sometimes the subject matter itself is the interesting part, sometimes what is done with it.

To call him "derivative" in a world of old cartoon and kid's toys based movies (and the dozens of sequels) as well as done-to-death superhero drivel, is a bit disingenuous. If you are comparing him to every director who lived, including one-hit wonders and low-budget indie breakouts, that's one thing. But, for high-concept, high-budget "idea" films, he is tough to beat.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

To recap some of this, Christopher Nolan has made 12 films of which I have seen about half and only one of which I would watch again, Batman Begins. Quentin Tarantino has made 10 films again, 6 of which I have watched and none of which I would watch again and all of which I wished I would not have spent the time on. Tim Burton has made 20 feature films 16 of which I have seen, 12 of which I would watch again and none of which do I regret having spent the time to watch. Conclusion is that Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarentino movies generally suck and Tim Burton movies are generally good.
    The end

Steeltoe and bpro like this.