1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm only counting Grand Prix victories. I didn't account for Maverick or Alex Marquez. I may have put Binder in the wrong category, though, which would make it seven, not eight. I'm only doing this from memory.

2. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

8 different winners is looks good until realize 2 of the rider aren’t on a Ducati and have won only 3/19 races. That means Ducati has won 85% of the race… Im just looking at GPs

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't care if there are 16 Ducatis as long as the racing is competitive. And right now, it is. I have seen enough years when we knew from the start that three guys were going to win races.

Boman Forklift, L1MTD and 27 like this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I miss the Hayden/Pedrosa/Honda vs Rossi/Lorenzo/ Yamaha years.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Next year will be red vs. white vs. black/yellow vs. light blue Ducatis. I agree that with good racing, I'm happy. However....the rules have the other manufacturers at a disadvantage. Ducati will only expand their advantage. With limited testing days, they are at a significant data collection advantage with 8 bikes turning laps every session. Reap the rewards of filling the grid with bikes when others did not. With the lineup of riders they will have, combined with half on the now proven '23 bike and the factory and Pramac teams on the '24 (whatever that turns out to be), it's not a stretch that they win every race. They are 15/18 so far this year.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

For GP:
    15 Ducati Wins
    2 Aprilia
    1 Honda

Francesco Bagnaia 6
    Jorge Martín 4
    Marco Bezzecchi 3
    Aleix Espargaró 2
    Álex Rins 1
    Enea Bastianini 1
    Johann Zarco 1

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In what way? They're the same for everyone. Except when someone gets concessions. I don't know when the last time that Ducati got any, but that sure wasn't recent.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A certain vegan milkshake loving kangaroo fucker would like to have a word with you… :Poke:

MachineR1, 27 and Razr like this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

you forgot bucktoothed, just for completeness..

pickled egg likes this.
  10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

See the next sentence that I wrote???

You don't think having 8 bikes collecting data every session is better than having two or four? Don't get me wrong, they've earned that benefit by supplying more bikes for the grid, but it is still an advantage.

YamahaRick and BigBird like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You said that the current situation was a result of the rules that put some at a disadvantage. The number of bikes that they supply has nothing to do with the rules. It is a choice made by each constructor. Only the total number of bikes on the grid is capped.

There's nothing that says they can't supply more than they are right now . They made a choice not to. Ducati picked up the slack.

Honda and Yamaha are free to go to Pramac, VR46, Gresini, Tech 3 or RNF, and try to convince them to switch to their bikes. Nothing in the rules can stop that, as far as I know.

The Great One likes this.
  12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The rules limit testing... (by team riders)

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same for all.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think the point he's making is with limited testing, Ducati have an advantage with that much more data. Versus with much more testing, Ducati probably suddenly sees diminished return - how much more data could they really use when they already have so much? Whereas the other factories probably have a lot more to gain with way more data.

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Aprilia had two bikes on the grid last year and four bikes this year, yet they are less competitive this year. Throwing a few more bikes on the grid isn't the band-aid that Yamaha wants us to think it is.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

2015 was the best year for Motogp that I can remember. Still lap records held from bikes in 2015. If I could only watch one year of racing forever, it would be that season.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Especially being a Yamaha fan. I will say when Lorenzo was in the zone, he was a machine. I doubt Rossi liked that year.

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

up until to the second to last race

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

But All those guys that say MM93 is the goat, look back at that year... Marc had a great bike, him and 46 battled even Rossi being older. That season should quiet that talk. Yes being a Yamaha fan that year was great, those M1's were great bikes. Jorge is so smooth, but I still think Rossi craft is better. Anyways, it was a great year. I think Stoner and MM93 are so similar with them pushing/sliding the bike forcing it to turn they are the best at that (would have loved to see them battle each other with same bike)..

BigBird likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea those years are part of my favorite also.

BigBird likes this.