1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bio Diesel ?

Discussion in 'General' started by noobinacan, Nov 2, 2023.

1. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

So, as you are driving, the car charges the batteries.....is that how it works

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You diesel guys should use what these guy's run. Lotsa power. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I use the Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant - it does increase mpg slightly (hard to really tell the specifics in the RV with the genset running a lot) and it definitely increased power based on the butt dyno - and how quickly I could accelerate up to speed on our normal on ramp by the office with the same load.

Not a cetane increase but it works.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yes. Electric at slow speed, gas at higher speeds, and then it recharges. 36 in town, 36 highway MPG. That makes sense to me.

That's why I want an unrestricted diesel like that.

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I would have
    This explains A LOT to me! I've replaced many injectors on my '05 6.0.

6. Once a Wanker..

I would have absolutely expected IL, IA, and MN to all support the bio-diesel plants built there 15 years ago in their attempts to expand the markets for corn and soybeans. Big farm lobbies in those states!

tony 340 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What happened to Bio Willie?

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

He has health issues, but is still performing at 90

9. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

2023/2024
    please tell me more.
    I am already scared of the sprinter.

The problem with the GAS transit is, if I order today there is no ETA on delivery...its at least 1 year +

also on BioD topic, Mercedes 2019 borchure said not to run B20...and has interesting info on sludge and so on..
    https://www.sprinter-rv.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Mercedes-Benz-Biodiesel_rev5.pdf

today on the build sheet I read B20 approved. so Mercedes contradict themselves already.
    but sounds like avoid B20 100% if possible.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’ve done a slight amount of research on this, but from what @cav115 says go with the Dodge van.

I do know I’ve spoken with multiple fleet owners, that won’t buy the Sprinters again. That is what I really wanted to buy. I haven’t asked in probably 3 years, so things could have changed?

Rico888 likes this.
  11. stickboy274

My kid builds those sprinters. Last time I asked, he built the B pillars. He doesn't see the finished product. That happens in another building.

12. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

We have 4 in my immediate family, and I'm the mechanic. I can do injectors in my sleep.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Lil' Bio Diesel is my new rap name.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You Irish? o_O

:D

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're buying new, that is wise. Get the extended warranty if you can swing it and the additional one for emissions stuff if they offer it

FWIW my contractor buddy bought one of those Nissan high tops and it is fuckin tittys

I'm not sure the dealer network in your travels but the dodge is also pretty reliable.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  16. Banditracer

I just discovered they're putting the stuff in heating oil too, at least in NY. Just got fuel oil delivered at the house today, looking at the ticket and it says Bio 5 heating oil. I said wtf ? Used the google and sure enough they're forcing that shit on us that way too. :mad:

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Time for all of us to switch back to coal to put an end to this shit

YamahaRick and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. Banditracer

I use oil spring and fall but wood when it's winter / cold so I'm actually doing my part with renewables. And NY is trying to ban wood stoves.

19. Once a Wanker..

You are looking for a small-scale locomotive engined truck, right?

20. stickboy274

You're heaters will have to go electric/solar, it's for the environment.