1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati offering half a 1299 engine.

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

upload_2023-11-2_13-49-23.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The subframe is made out of steel. I'm sure some folks will be making aluminum versions.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The Ducati is 3lbs heavier than the KTM

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Half as reliable.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

twice the fun.

7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

The seat height makes me scream. I'll pass and keep riding my CRF250X SuMo on the street. Was really wanting a bigger engined SuMo.

I'll go look at it, but dang it...

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    Yeah, it’s pretty much a toss up between a CRF and the Ducati:rolleyes:

They have a lower seat and a suspension lowering kit

Phl218 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Where do you get that? KTM is 324 Wet and Ducati is 333 dry. That is not three pounds.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Duc's 333lbs is the wet curb weight sans fuel, as per the presentation, not the dry weight. Dry weights don't include coolant, oil, battery acid, etc, don't get those weights confused. I'm not finding anything saying the 2024 SMC 324 number is with a full tank yet.

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Ducati did a presentation showing the weight of the KTM, Husky and GasGas, curb weight. The KTM was 3 lbs lighter than the Duc.

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Tell me again WHO did the presentation?

:Poke::p

If that's the case, Ducati are under-stating their weight or the fuel capacity is roughly a 4L fuel tank.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Where does KTM actually claim a weight? They don’t list one in the specs on their site. (Which drives me nuts, the other MFGs do, but I always have to go trolling through reviews to find KTM’s theoretical numbers.)

14. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

So, is DSS next year going to be Ducati vs Kawasaki? We've got all winter to BENCH RACE!

-T

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

i get it…lol

they do their curb weights with fluids, but no fuel.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Only on a treadmill.

brex and Phl218 like this.
  17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I don't get the problem with the seat, I have ridden with short guys that didn't have problem with taller bikes.

18. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

I have a 2022 KTM 690 SMC R. With a rottweiler airbox, PCV and a slip on she puts about 72.5 at the back wheel. I freakin' love the bike. Just really fun to ride. I guess we will have to wait for the comparo with the Ducati. The Duc has better electronics, however, honestly I don't think they are really important for a supermoto. Also, Ducati wanting $1500 for a quickshifter sucks. The KTM Dash is spartan, however, there is a nice aftermarket solution for that for $180 that works perfect. KTM surely knows how to build a supermoto. It is definitely good that Ducati is doing this, as KTM essentially had no competitors.

nowayout likes this.
  19. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

The wheelie assist feature looks damn nice. I suck at wheelies. Would be nice to just whack the throttle and have a controlled wheelie without any fear of looping. Hello suspended license!

20. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Right, SMC is cool and I can see this being a Hooligan bike on the street. Dank wheelie YouTube videos from so-called influencers and vlog'ers.(or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days)
    Was really hoping to see Ducati bring a suitable contender for the ZX4RR into the ring with a skinny tire lightweight actual production Supermono/Panigale into the mix.

Although the Aprilia SXV 5.5 had reliability issues, that bike looked awesome and performed awesome when its not blowing fuses, case or oil seals, etc.
    But it was also short lived and not sure if it had too many problems, did not sell enough because the audience was too small or ultimately the AMA regs on single cylinders killed it off?