1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Mags are the drawback to the 702 & the rs22, admittedly. I picked up a promag 25 rounder made for a 715. That works in the 702/rs22………just looks ridiculous with the big block hanging at the bottom. I’ve only stretched the Rossis legs out to 65ish yards, but on a small steel plate. It’ll ding it easy. As far as punching a hole in the bullseye at that distance, no idea, but I need to eventually just sit and do it, and really see where it’s at on paper beyond the typical 50y.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have the umarex mp5 and will be adding the 416 at some point. Cheap fun

3. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Dont do it....I have one, and it's fun as hell.....for the first 75-90 rounds (suppressed)....after that it needs to be cleaned or it's failure city....but when it runs....:bow:

Was lamenting a while back in this thread about a reliable semi .22 and somebody came on and said their MP5 .22 went through a couple thousand rounds reliably...Id go that route because .22 + semi auto rifle = constant mag dumps....you just cant help it....:D.

Could be it's a similar situation as one of members on here that can't get his TX22 to work while others have had no problems....but since it's my only experience with it, got to give it a thumbs down.

Now my Sig 322....Im probably getting a second one for the reasons above....it's so fun, I need two so I can shoot while having a spare for someone else....if you dont have a .22 suppressor, just go ahead and get one of those as well....nothing beats shooting .22 suppressed....:D

4. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

How reliable has your MP5 been for you (you're the second one on here that has one so collecting data on it):D

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol I don’t live near the Everglades thank god and how the hell do you remember what I drive? Lol.

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

All this .22 rifle talk - I’m going to snag a 10/22 Target, one of these days. And then, slap a Gemtech Mist-22 on there. I’ve always had a hankering for the bull barrel / thumb hole stock look on that platform. The only thing that’s really keeping me off of it - I’ve read in more than one place that Gemtech’s QA has taken a dive since S&W acquired their business. It would suck to wait six months for that form4 only to have it go straight back for service.

‘cause I’m a fuckin’ genius.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

zero issues so far. Neither with the stock mags nor the drum ;)

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I have a full auto bobcat that as long as I run HK mags it never has a hiccup.

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

unless you are set on the Mist look at the Dead Air Mask or maybe the SilencerCo Switchblade or whatever they call it. Love my Mask on the 22's.

Also another 10/22 clone to look at that's not too bad price- I have the Magnum Research MLR 22ATUT (or something like that). synthetic thumbhole stock, lightweight tensioned threaded barrel, decent trigger and pretty lightweight overall. accurate enough that it's the wife and daughters favorite 22 right now. Put a nikon EFR rimfire scope on it and it's a good shooter.

10. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Switchback.

Both are great options.

gt#179 likes this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I have the MP5 .22 and have run nearly 5000 rounds thru it so far with minor cleaning. It does get dirty, especially when running suppressed but damn is it fun! For $400.00 if it failed to run I would literally buy another and save myself money in the difference between that .22 round cost and the MP5 9mm which is what I would end up using if that occurred.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I have the Mask and the Warlock from Silencerco. In my mind they are interchangeable on rifles but the Warlock cycles better on pistols.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I sold my sporting clay over under and picked up a Benelli M4 in the limited OD Green.

Bring it zombies!!!!!

14. Resident Plarp

Today was Plarp Jr.’s first time behind a Stoner-pattern rifle slinging 5.56 at steel - a little step up from a .22 Marlin Model 60. Standard safety reminders aside, he only needed to be told to keep his head on the gun, once. From 90 rounds, he missed five times. Now, I’ve an excuse to buy two copies of every gun from here on out.

IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_5484.jpeg

RonR, scottn, StaccatoFan and 2 others like this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

They made a limited OD? Dudes that’s badass. I’m jealous.

Have you played with an M4 before? Or have any rounds through this one yet? I think I’ve said this on here before but it bears repeating. Obviously the m4 and 1301 get compared to each other all the time. And I had both. Got the 1301 first when m4s were a little more difficult to find due to covid and liked it plenty. Thought it was a solid gun. Then I got an m4 and ran them side by side the same day. Had the 1301 sold 48 hours later because I knew id never take it out of the safe again. The m4 was THAT good out of the box. Plenty of other will disagree and like 1301 more. And don’t get me wrong, the m4 has its quirks (looking at you bolt release). And the beretta definitely had a couple advantages. But when it came down to actually running the gun, it was no comparison for me.

16. StaccatoFan

I have no experience with an M4....just my Browning Citori 525 that I had until today shooting sporting clays, and that was years ago. I'll probably run it a little at my local range this weekend though.

I was also looking at the 1301, and I watched quite a few reviews and comparisons as well trying to make the decision on which tactical shotgun I wanted. I knew the place that
    I go to that buys used guns had a 1301 on the wall, and my indoor range's shop had M4's. So I went to the first place to liquidate the 525, and look at the 1301...then I looked down and saw the M4...in OD Green....they guy said, "These are limited..we can only get 5 in per year."

The ability to find/buy accessories to customize the M4 to my tastes was a deciding factor in the decision more than anything. They both seem to be quality firearms....Yes...the M4 is the absolute kind of tactical shotguns...but the 1301 doesn't seem to be far behind. I wasn't going to lose either way.

I'm already looking for an extension to my magazine tube to go full 7+1. Let the Zombies die!

17. Resident Plarp

I’m thinking about getting an autoloader of some sort since JK builds a range of silencers with interchangeable chokes. Knocking geese (because they’re Canadian) out of the sky sounds like a lot more fun when you can hear the shot smacking those illegal air fairing immigrants.

Wadaya got for automatic bird gunz?

brex likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

Back when I shot Sporting Clays on the regular, the Beretta 391 was the most popular semi-auto we saw out at the range.

Pump actions, I'm sure the Remmington 870 series is probably the gold standard.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Looks like a fun time.
    Did he have ear protection in? Custom plugs?

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

For those interested, Bear Creek is having a sale on their AR AK uppers. If you've never shot one, an AR AK is just dumb fun. I've got one that's a PSA upper but I think I'll pick up one from Bear Creek too.

dobr24 and StaccatoFan like this.