1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flatrock Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jul 19, 2022.

1. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    William Schneider likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks great.

This will be amazing, after I dock my yacht and take my private plane to the track, it'll be great to relieve some stress.

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Maximum flex if you're able to park the plane on your yacht.

R/T Performance, Chango and BigBird like this.
  4. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

MotoGP™’s new CCO talks Asian tour and US growth

"Plus, Rossomondo hinted at potential growth throughout the US. The hugely successful Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas is currently our only Stateside stop, but the New Yorker is exploring potential options to add another Grand Prix in the near future. Rossomondo is in talks with new venues in the U.S., such as the new Flatrock Motorsports Park in Tennessee, about possibly bringing a second race to the U.S. In terms of key initiatives, near the top is figuring out MotoGP’s media rights for 2024 in the U.S. The incumbent is NBC Sports, but MotoGP is talking to other media companies as well."

boxcrash and BrentA like this.
  5. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I really need to keep my cool, and not freak out about how exciting Flatrock seems to be.

BrentA, E Reed, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

They haven't even started on the real race track portion. Just the club track, or whatever they call it. Going to be awhile. But it beats anything else going on in the US!

motodog650 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To me race tracks that are already built and aren't 100% car country club focused are better than anything under construction....

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I was referring to any other under construction. But I am still happy to see a track that might be FIM certified for WSBK or MotoGP.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The plans of the developers do indeed always sound great.

TLR67 likes this.
  10. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

G2 Motorsports track
    Eagles Canyon Raceway

11. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Some drone footage of the current situation.

Interesting, looks like track width will vary quite a bit.

12. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

That layout looks more fun in the drone footage than the renderings showed.

13. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing more and more content about a MotoGP linking. Saw on FB someone posted an article from the Italian media that Flatrock was under consideration for the 2025 season. Who hows how badly Google translate screwed that up though.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine they could be ready in 2025. They haven’t started the GP track yet.

MrGooch and BigBird like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The racetrack I’m building in my backyard is under consideration if I post it around the internets enough and on enough websites. :rolleyes:

I hope trackhouse doesn’t end up being a complete scam. They are sounding too much, too fast and promising round trips to mars for $49.95.
    We’ve heard all this before.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Trackhouse might fail but they definitely aren't a scam. They most likely are shocked how cheap bikes are in comparison to NASCAR and how most gp teams suck at anything media.

badmoon692008, 5axis and BigBird like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

and i don't see enough space to park all those haulers

18. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Yes, it sounds amazing and promising, but until its completely done and open trying to remain calm. Not get the hopes up too much until it happens.
    I mean we all know the high hopes the DMC-12 had and then what it actually became as the DMC DeLorean.

19. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

G2 is garbage if you're on anything bigger than a 400. 2nd gear for the entire lap except for an upshift to 3rd on the straightaway on a zx10 Not to mention how fucking dangerously close all of the armco is everywhere. ECR is awesome.

koth442 likes this.
  20. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

no haulers for the flyaway rounds, just shipping containers

BigBird likes this.