1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 16 | Phillip Island | Australia | Oct 20-22

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 16, 2023.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Holy shit zarco!!! Backflippp!

Senna and 27 like this.
  2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Phillip Isl delivers!

Senna, rd400racer, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  3. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

rsz_screenshot_502.jpg

Senna and 27 like this.
  4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Wow, felt like I was watching a 2 stroke GP race from 30 years ago with that see-sawing tire drop off. Wild shit.

Dragginass likes this.
  5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I didn't see that one coming....great race!

pfhenry likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That was the best “feel good” finish since Petrucci won his first in Italy… Lemans would have been better for him but PI is the best track and glad Zarco finally got one! His interview was great and his passion and emotions showing make it even better… great race!

BigBird, Seiko, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  7. wac

wac Well-Known Member

I see contract speed . Great !!

8. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Surprised that Martin gambled again. What's his thought process:whoosh:I could have seen like Bez make that call.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Finally!

Really happy to see that back flip.

27 likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

So happy for Zarco! Glad he finally snagged it.

Martin fucked up big time. He is the fastest dude nearly every weekend, but Pecco is just more consistent and makes smarter race decisions.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Zarco seems an entirely different kind of character than any of the other current crop of GP riders -- I'd call it cerebral. If you listen to his Parc Ferme interview, the manner in which he broke down the race, with details about how it progressed in stages, then gets to the end and and has the emotional impact of his win hit him, it made for one of the best post-win interviews I can remember. It's impossible not to like that guy.

jonathanp, BigBird, cBJr and 4 others like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Can't really say he fucked big time. 1/2 lap less and he'd be a genius.

BigBird and Dragginass like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I told my buddy I was watching with last night that Zarco’s Parc Ferme interviews could be used as a race recap… I love his attention to detail and willingness to explain that to everyone… so glad he got that win… I’d have hated it for him if he didn’t get one after all these years…

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Did they show his tire last night? I was watching but never saw it… wonder if it came apart or what because that fell off a cliff as far as grip it seemed…

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

There was a slow motion towards the end. “Seen” worse but he must really have felt it

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the slo mo I saw was the right side and it wasn’t coming apart… the left was in the shadows…

I was wondering if he just backed off because of spin thinking better safe than sorry expecting to get second… but that freight train rolled right on through 1st to 5th in a few corners was crazy…

Phl218 likes this.
  17. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

The amount that tire spun between turns 6 and 8 on the last lap was insane. Straight up and down you could see the bike going sideways and not forward. I wondered if those few hard laps at the beginning of the race would bite him at the end.

BigBird and 27 like this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, that half a lap was the important part. I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass.

19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah he fucked himself

20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Its pretty amazing though the two different tire compounds was only worth 5 seconds at the end of the race.