1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

cool, thanks Dave…

older Nissans?

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Because I had a brain fart. Was talking with someone about Sonoma while posting. (Facepalm).

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Jenny Tinmouth ran a couple seasons of BSB and IoM TTs.

4. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

5. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

BigBird and Namarow like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I started to mention her and Katja Peterson I think it was had some euro success on a Corona GSXR

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They show her being faster and beating a ton of experienced 600 riders on her first few 600 races. I think you're the one having issues seeing reality...

BigBird likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Your post sounds good but it's pretty far from reality.

There is plenty of paid rides in car racing. This isn't just a MA or motorcycle racing thing.

I'd vernutre to say most of sports car teams are funded by rich guys buying a seat.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
    Namarow and L1MTD like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Absolutely true, but this sasdly is the age of social media. And social media wins sponsorship. I think she could make a very entertaining vlog or even postcast host, for instance. Quite a few racers who appeal to sponsors have remained employed longer than other racers with more racing talent.

BigBird, DJ Baker and 27 like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not just you specifically but a lot of people here keep bringing this up as a new issue. Specifically the last part of your lost has been true as long as there has been racing and sponsors.
    If you appeal to sponsors you get to keep racing if you don't you go away. It's never just mattered how fast you are.

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

That was a hacked quote from Talladega Nights. :D

12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

This thread has devolved into another beeb shitshow. Facts and news people.

L1MTD likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's definitely one of the best places to hide it from me. I can't stand that movie. :crackup:

koth442 and Knarf Legna like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other than Rahal theres nothing to talk about :D

koth442, Bruce and 27 like this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

which part of it didn’t you understand, not arguing, all of my experiences are facts and reality, seriously as I’ll explain anything

I stated that I’m hoping that they don’t play the pay a ride thing

I know that plagues all forms of racing but Ben and the Rahals have never paid to ride afaik

racing can exist on a real money earning platform based on media impressions as it’s advertising

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say it was new, although I'm certain that I could find more unpleasant successful racers from 30-40 years ago than you could find today. I was saying that social media is now how that appeal is measured. And some are better at that than others.

17. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I get the sponsorship thing. But from what I've seen I don't see how some of the attempts to produce videos using sponsor's products help. Dumping frozen ground beef into a frying pan, using store bought shredded cheese and pouring salsa out of a jar to make a taco is appealing to someone but I'm not sure who. It doesn't showcase the sponsors product.

Maybe I'm jaded from having worked on commercial photoshoots for food products but those videos make me cringe. When I showed them to a professional food stylist I've worked with she laughed her ass off. What I'm saying is it takes forethought and execution to represent sponsors effectively and I haven't seen that yet.

27 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree - but hell, opening a box and taking the stuff out is a popular thing to watch evidently... I don't get it.

Knarf Legna likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Acosta was just quoted as saying the series needs rivals again because that’s what fans want to see… maybe he’ll be that guy

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's not quite what I had in mind. I was thinking racing (or even lifestyle, or whatever young people watch) vlog/podcast sponsored by Bob's Frozen Beef.