1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Apologies I forgot about that. My mistake.

lopitt85 and Robin172 like this.
  2. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

You are probably right, I think she is a bit overhyped when compared to other talents on the grid at the moment.

Ducman851 and Suzuka_joe like this.
  3. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

I think the r7 cup is mid. Run down that entry list for me and tell me who she was racing against. You probably coulda set a track record against those riders.

4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You're obviously in someone else's camp. Just tell us who, so we can tell you you're wrong.

stk0308 and Dragginass like this.
  5. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

she won multiple races, landed on pole and the box in the r3 AND r7 cup. I dont necessarily rate those or think they translate well to our series. Just look at the Aprilla cup, we had Max Toth win the damn thing and he didnt do much here

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

How is she overhyped in relation to her results? And compared to who? I am truthfully trying to understand your argument here and have a intelligent discussion about it. Not picking a fight.

noles19 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

To me, she is being spoken about as a true dominant rider when she has not demonstrated that. We have had kids do nothing but win and podium at the classes she has raced in. And I could also argue they were deeper classes at that time too.

I would say those riders have been, in chron. order, Paasch, Ben Smith (yall forget her murdered 2017 jr. cup), Alex Dumas, Rocco Landers, Ty Scott.

I think she is spoken about as someone who is a proven race and title winner when that hasnt happened

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The thing she has over the others, personality. Not only can she race, but she can talk about it in a way that doesn't make people scramble for the mute button.

9. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I guess perception is everything. To me, she's being spoken about as a very talented and likable girl who is a great asset to the sport with her ability to bring new fans who wouldn't otherwise be paying any attention.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From what I’ve read on the BBS and other places, this.
    She’s perfect for dads who have daughters to bring their kid into the sport with someone they can identify with and root for.

12. Hyperdyne

Additionally - she has wins. And the races she didn't win, she was on the podium. Not to mention didn't fall down. Keep in mind, there's an entire field of competitors and she at the pointy end of the stick.

I do take exception to the fact that that several media outlets as well as Motoamerica claim her to be the first woman to win a premier MotoAmerica race. Technically that was Elena Myers. If you are going to say well, it wasn't MotoAmerica at that point in time, well then you can't give Hayes the title of most wins either.

Boom, stk0308, L1MTD and 5 others like this.
  13. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Didn't a woman win a BOTT race about 30 or so years ago? Was it BOTT mod production?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

To clarify, I wasn't ignoring her results. Just saying some things (like her personality) set her apart from some other kids at the front. Another example: teef. She's got them.

ungwaha likes this.
  15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

This

16. Hyperdyne

You fly straight. I knew where you were going... And you are correct. She's clearly way ahead of many of the others.

And yeah. Poor Blake... Feel bad for that kid.

17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

The R7 cup had arguably a deeper/better talent pool than what she races in here. What she did there was impressive for anyone who would’ve come out of the states.

And to say she’s overhyped because she hasn’t dominated is silly. She’s a 16yr old young talent with an extremely high potential curve. Hell… Gerloff wasn’t dominating here and he went to WorldSBK.

Dragginass likes this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And don't forget she's probably the first MA rider to have 2 first wins. :D

Those that follow the series know what I'm talking about.

Gino230, Dragginass, condon66 and 2 others like this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad for Blake, he takes his tooth out to bug his mom:crackup:

Waterboy and Ducman851 like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess I need to start paying attention. I don’t understand who Blake is and get the teef thing, the Dad bottle thing with SDG (I think that’s the initials) or a lot of the references or even the initials you all Chuck out.

I’m way out of date, out of step and just lost anymore. :(