1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

2. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Yes. Rahal/Letterman/Lattagain Racing over in IndyCar.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yep.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Mid-O pulls from Indy, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh, plus the rest Ohio. Indy pulls from Chicago, Indy, Columbus and Cincinatti, but Chicago is still covered by Road America. East of Pittsburgh is covered by NJMP. From a geography standpoint on pulling fans to their closest race, Mid-O makes more sense than Indy or Pitt.

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

When are riders being announced?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ben said a couple of weeks hopefully.

koth442 likes this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Indy pulls in from more than that. It's 7 miles from the airport to IMS so we tend to get more travelers from out of state. Abundance of hotels, Uber/Lyft, plenty of options to eat, plus entertainment at night.

I always remember people riding in and camping at Mid Ohio

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both of those venues are great for racing and central to a ton of people. They're not far enough from each other to argue which is in a better spot.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I wonder if that announcement was planned thinking the riders would be under contract by now. Would have been much better if they were able to announce the riders at the same time.

Circacee likes this.
  10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

As a fan I'd love to see the 2 rider team comprised of one immediate title contender partnered with an up and comer.

SDK would certainly fit the bill as a title fav if he comes back.
    Rocco as well if he gets approached granted he floats between the two - young yet a title hope.
    Torrin Collins who got a ride at COTA for the last round with M4 would also be a great signing.
    Kayla would also be cool to see full time in the class.

Namarow likes this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Rahal has strong ties to Mid Ohio. His Truesports Indy team was based close by for years.

12. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

I was at least partially right.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Mladin would love to ride for a team managed by Ben.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

he’s got ties to everyone it seems… Putnam Park was built because he was buddies with them… he’s also tied with Honda but Graham is a Ducatista so it went there…

I got stuck on the starting grid of the Indy500 one year by accidentally overstaying the pre race because I was talking to Lattigain(sp) the son anyway… he was wearing a bears jersey…

One of my funnier moments as I was there with Toyota and my handler was watching from the suite since I was in their branding and representing them… along with anyone watching the live broadcast so not too many millions :) I tried to melt into the crews and walked out when they did… all he said was “smooth man, smooth” ;)

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[QUOTEOne of my funnier moments as I was there with Toyota and my handler” ;)[/QUOTE]
    Handler?

16. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

I really hope Rocco gets a proper super sport ride. He could win with a properly funded team behind him. He is a great story to be told.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  17. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Imagine Rocco, Kayla, Scott, Mesa,Hobbs, Mazziotto, Deher, Collins, David, Rodio,Anthony, Ventura etc That would be a deep field creating some great racing and great skills training for the riders.

lopitt85, younglion and AC1108 like this.
  18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

SDK and Kayla would be interesting. Every time I watch Kayla I’m impressed. Obviously skilled, but a killer racer attitude, and well spoken. If I were starting a team for young US riders she’d be hard to pass on. Need to get her riding against strong talent, here or Europe.

03RumbleBee and lopitt85 like this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see David Kohlstead make it back onto to MA grid as well on a SS team next year - only DiBrino and Rocco representing the PNW currently....

20. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

They have both a IndyCar/Sports Car racing relationship as well as sitting on boards for auto dealership councils. In the past I've been to several Firestone events and they are always together, I dont see any issues and would lobe to see not only MotoGP but MotoAmerica back at the speedway

tl1098 likes this.