1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If it last more than 4 hours go see a doctor.

2. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So if we go by the championships Rossi still has 1 more than Marc? Rossi has 5 in a row and Marc has 4 in a row? So how is Marc the goat over Rossi?

3. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Is this you first year watching MotoGP?
    Are you 14 years old?
    Did you live in your mom's basement in New Jersey playing Atari video games until 2022 when you turned 35?
    Holy shit man your depth of knowledge of the GOAT is as shallow as @notbostrom 's motorcycle racing ability

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Rossi never won a championship when Márquez was on the grid. Márquez won all of his championships with Rossi on the grid, though admittedly Rossi was at the back of the grid.

Bugslayer, dieterly, HPPT and 4 others like this.
  5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Yeah Rossi was already in his 30’s or almost I am pretty sure. And for a guy to never finish out of the top 10 in points except the last year he raced says goat to me.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Actually I am only 11 thank you very much

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

The 2nd most interesting silly season topic (behind Marc) to me is the proposed riders union.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe Marc take a year off and plays professional soccer and then returns the next year mid season with an email saying, "I'm Back"

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean that's actually not a bad idea. Look at how it benefits the players in the NBA, MLB, and somewhat the NFL. Hopefully it won't cause a collapse of the deck of cards, as motorcycle racing doesn't bring in the show dollars those others do.

Basura likes this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"whose". :beer:

BigBird likes this.
  11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Just wait until next year when every seat is up for grabs for 2025 with the exception of 1! Going to be ludicrous speed :beer:

stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There must be some really nervous people at Dorna HQ.

Basura likes this.
  13. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Which one?

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Binder has a contract for 2025

cbush likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not a fan of Unions as a whole but from what little I’ve read for the reasons behind this I think it’s much needed. That’s at face value and, once again, from what I’ve read.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Always having fun???? Yeah, he was having lots of fun during the two years at Ducati, or his last year. Of course if you wipe your glasses clear of Rossi’s nut stains then you might be able to see that.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

How about when the garage wall was constructed between him and Whoregay, more fun?

Bugslayer, Boman Forklift and cbush like this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I always thought he was having fun when he got tires flown in for him, which nobody else got. Wonder how many championships were won on those tires? I mean I guess its pretty GOAT status if you got your own tires overnighted.

stk0308, Boman Forklift and cbush like this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

But Rossi can strangle the competition 26pedrosa,46rossi,93marquez,99lorenzo,_pressconf-6_original.jpg