1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh and lean attack using illegal fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Oct 4, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure why Al said what he did… we were talking about pushing limits because my R6 had the fastest trap Speeds at Daytona… faster than Graves bikes and everyone else’s… he said that Honda even used the vacuum pumps too long and he knows all about pushing limits and gray areas…

maybe he was trying to bluff me into telling him how my bikes were faster than factories thinking I was cheating

I’m not a cheater… and you seem to take pride in not being one too…

2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m sure Kevin paid retail at his local dealer and he never saw an HRC part and never got anything free let alone a huge budget!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Scotty, it was 20 plus years ago. . . You said you don’t drink or smoke but maybe one of those gummies? :D

I hate the honder from the mid 80s until today to my core but I love me some humblepie.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m all good with Dave too… I’m sure we’ll be fine… no gummies either… I haven’t even treated a concussion with fungus for years :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool as fuck. :up;

Daves are good peoples. I’d slap my grandma for him. :)

27 likes this.
  7. Alanjtc73n

Alanjtc73n Well-Known Member

So if I have this right, the updated press release says that the fuel sample provided by Stanboli contained additives not listed by VP. Stanboli claimed that they were using 2022 MGP provided by VP.

Can anyone just submit a fuel sample right now to the same testing company to see if it complies?

I ask because I have an unopened drum of MGP from the 2022 season sitting in my shop right now. If the drum I have is out of compliance, it would give credibility to Stanboli’s claim. If it is in compliance, it lends credibility to VP’s claim.

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'll contribute to the expense of testing it. Anyone else in?

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So I guess it’s a good thing I’m just using the Aprilia race ECU without any extra tuning. I think it’s just a rich map that leaves a few hp on the table. Maybe the MGP-R will be better for me. Or maybe Spicer will get a drum of it and tune a bunch of bikes with it in the off season.

10. Critter

Critter Registered

Send it to RRW and let them test it....LOL

Jed, Once a Wanker.., BC and 2 others like this.
  11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

LOL. I always thought that fuel was some bullshit

12. Darren Luck always comes to mind when cheating is mentioned as he was not even smart about executing his non creative cheating.

13. Carry Andrew / Suzuki - rider Nicky. Creative rule interpretation but sure the thing turned well with the frame mods :)

ungwaha likes this.
  14. One thing we all seem to forget is teams with budgets and resources have more of an opportunity to get parts to the limit, try stuff in the gray area, have people to find the gray area. Part of racing is using every advantage you can in the rule book. That’s not cheating, it’s finding parts of a rule book that you can use as an advantage. Obviously there is a line that can also be rather grey when they start talking about “intent” of the rule which always seemed like a cop out from organizations unless the intent of the rule is very detailed.

best one was “slipper clutch can be used as long as it has same number of springs as stock” well the brand they chose used one big central spring and had 5 bolts holding the clutch pack on. Oem had 6 springs. Those little collapsible springs on (forget brand of helmet) visor hinge work perfect as washers for the 5 bolts. It’s illegal. Nope. 6 springs. That day (was toward end of season anyway) they gave the 3 race notice about the rule change and clarification.

Boom likes this.
  15. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Man I was working at White Tip in SD doing customers street bikes/dyno stuff when I saw the owner chucking up valves from Chuck’s engine in a drill press running scotchbrite on them. I asked what he thought that was gonna do, and he said he just thought they looked better shiny lol. When that all came out, it cracked me up so bad. It gave me great pleasure to run stock GSXR750’s on the dyno there, and come up with better HP numbers than what they were sending out to various racers. I wasn’t getting paid half the time and he was utterly full of shit. Only reason Chuck was doing so well was because he was a badass.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh to hear Dick Suarez tell that story from tech at Barber. I was laughing so hard.

17. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

I recall a 600 Katana SS (Britt Turkington?) so fast Glen Szarek's FZR600 couldn't hold a draft. I later heard or read about very special head castings with all the right part numbers. Suzuki wanted to win some races.

18. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

If your bikes were faster than the factory bikes you were cheating!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

You know Chuck didn’t know what he was doing :D…. Yours were faster than Muzzys too I believe…

mine was because I figured out the spec fuel by accident early… that and I was reprogramming ECUs to kit spec when there were no kit ones…

brains over budget Jim you know me ;)

The trap speeds are still listed somewhere I’m sure starting with Rapp on mine at Daytona 09….

Was that correct about the turn signal bumps?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Is he still kicking? I haven’t thought about him in ages…

Quicktoy likes this.