1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh and lean attack using illegal fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Oct 4, 2023.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I understand you POV, but I believe what I said is also true - what is produced for MA racing is nearly insignificant to their overall operation. They probably have some college work-study student in charge for the production of MA fuel, all while he is too busy posting up on the Insta's and doing live streams from his mother's basement.

969 likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Got it. So VP is letting some tic toc zoomer run their operation. Did Richard buy his drum from someone standing on a grassy knoll too? :crackup:

When all else fails, blame the fictitious intern.

That’s a wild take but it is the internet

3. YamahaRick

I'd love to live in your Utopian world, trust me.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. YamahaRick

Since this thread is now on page 15, yes, what I said on page one remains true.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

First off, the fuel VP produces for MotoA, is trivial in regards to overall production. They’re not making a huge profit off of it. They can also change the blend as they see fit, meaning they can change percentages of whatever is in the fuel…as long as it meets spec. That’s what Stanboli was alluding to, a change. A change that his motors reflected. He also stated the batches were inconsistent week to week in his opinion, because of what he saw engine wise. The bottom line, he wants quality fuel that’s consistent year round. I don’t have problem with him standing up and saying that either. Btw, Volkswagon group assets total over 600 billion, but they fudged the truth on their products data sheets. So, it can happen.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't listen to all Dustin / Richard podcasts but Richard had talked on several of them about the fuel inconsistency issues and that he had a drum of the 22 fuel he was saving for COTA. It's not like he was trying to cheat or pull anything, he wanted to prove his point, which he did. I look at it as a VP / MA screw up, and this coming from a Suzuki guy.

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

If he was that concerned that the 2022 fuel was massively different and he had a barrel of either on hand I don't understand why he didn't just get both independently sampled and tested prior to using it at COTA.

Boom, KneeDragger_c69 and backbone like this.
  8. Only real data I would trust would be from Ibtertwk unless it was something very obvious different about the fuel. I’ve been in the fuel industry close to 30 years and there are a lot of specs that have multiple ways to be in or out of a certain range. Intertek has the best of the best equipment to give that finite detail. There are also a fair amount of ways to handle samples dependong on which way you want the results to go.

OutOfSpec and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. It’s not cheap.

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Does it cost more than popping an engine?

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm guessing there was something in gagne's tank that isn't even an ingredient in the MA fuel blend. At this point Attack's only possible defense is some super fan like VR45 snuck into the attack pits and magically added said secret ingredient in the proper ratio to perfectly match strombolis tune for the weekend.

It could happen

Not

Boman Forklift and backbone like this.
  12. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Hasn't Stanboli talked about doing tests on the fuels and there being different gravities and other things that aren't consistent? I know nothing about any of it, but he has broken down plenty of times the difference he has found. He also talked about the Ducati tech's coming to him about motors and what he changed when the fuel was different. I don't remember a year where so many superbike motors blew up like this past season.

13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're..."
    Mac Davis

YamahaRick likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’m not reading it again so maybe I missed it.

Did both Fresh Yamahas racing at Cota? Did they both fail?

I would think that both riders used same fuel.

mod was that a round that Peterson missed? Was JD on it?

Ducman851 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Kawasaki with improved wheel venting holes :)

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge, only Jake's bike was tested. No mention of JD's.

17. backbone

backbone scarred for life

If I had to bet, Stanboli was playing 4d checkers when it was actually chess.

18. Hoffman900

Didn’t Stanboli get tossed at the 200 with Rapp too for a modified cylinder head or am I mixing that up with Hayes / Erion getting dq’ed?

Pretty sure JD’s bike was pretty wrecked, and they grabbed the podium finishers.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  19. Hoffman900

Exceeded edit time. It was the Attack Kawasaki at Laguna: https://web.archive.org/web/20080820100203/http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080724g.htm

though Pirelli screwed them earlier in the season:
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...ional-while-ama-inspects-rapps-cylinder-head/

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That is different one, think one I am talking about was Hacking days. Lightening wheels by making existing holes bigger.

Scott McKee likes this.