1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality Type & PTSD & Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Sistah!!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Funny how much it's like cold reading psychics and fortune tellers and so on. Put enough bullshit words in a description and everyone can make it fit themselves :D

CBRRRRR999 and t500racer like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Out of curiosity I started reading other personality description.

Seems all the personalities are rare(??!!!)... (Note, I didn't read them all yet)

4. Dave Wolfe

Yep. And its free and entertaining.

The quiz just asks you questions to determine which of 16 boxes you fit in. I dont think its terribly useful for understanding yourself, but more for the benefit of others understanding you, and ackowledging that the other 95% have the wrong personality type and how to get an understanding of their f'ed up brains!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure why I'd care about others understanding me or not. I'm good with me, they can all figure it out or fuck off...

:crackup:

CBRRRRR999, BOMDIVR and Rising Sun like this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

See!!???!

You are WRONG!!!

7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Take the test on different days, or different circumstances and you get different results, just BS. haven't bumped into it (professionally) for 13yrs,
    I'd be pretty surprised if HR depts are still pushing this shite to their sheeple. But at the same time, whilst wrong, it's also quick and easy so wouldn't be that surprised.

Rising Sun likes this.
  8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Meyers-Briggs hasn’t been used in my small sphere since high school. We use the Non-Violent communication and Primal Leadership platforms in the fire department.

I lost out on a Job at a steel plant for employing corporate employee development tactics at my second interview. But I was young and hadn’t learned to read the room. Buncha dudes in jeans leaned back in their seats staring at the floor don’t care about that and just want to run the business.

When I tried using them at my current job, the men in the shop thought I was being too soft. So I went back to telling them to stop being assholes to my techs and we all get on fine :D

jdmosley43 likes this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Bump. Any of you PTSDers tried EMDR therapy?

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you find the right person to do it, it's very helpful.
    Have you tried ketamine?

11. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

You mean the PBR treatment?

12. Dave Wolfe

Noles this is the first time Ive been made aware of ketamine to be honest. Very interesting!

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Ketamine and emdr is turning into a very successful treatment plan.

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

No

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I use two tools when completing assessments: The DISC and The Enneagram. Myers Briggs is OK, but there are so many times when someone is "in the moment" and it effects the outcome. DISC is all about how you communicate while the Enneagram breaks out strength, weaknesses, fears, and basic desires. When fixing a failing culture, understanding the personalities that make up that culture is extremely helpful.

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There are quite a few organizations that still use it but only for extremely high level positions or those who are high impact to the organization. It was once all the rage, and honestly poorly used.

17. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

PTSD is not fun if it manifests physically as panic attacks. 7 ER visits in the last year with tachycardia and hypertensive emergencies.
    I've done enough adrenaline sports to about wear out my adrenals I'd thought. Nope, apparently the body has a tremendous overcapacity.
    Can't do most of the drugs ( benzos, ketamine or hallucinogens) being recovering alky so it's a ton of fun.
    I still do adrenaline stuff and it's no different than before. Brains are weird.
    Wife loves EMDR. I'm gonna give it a try too.
    Currently on sertraline, meditating, doing deep breathing , stimulating the vagus nerve with a TENs and ice therapy.
    Craziest part is being a normally optimistic guy with a pretty even temperament, panic coming from out of the blue is baffling.

18. Dave Wolfe

Thankfully I havent had panic attacks in a few years now. Thats back when my marriage was falling apart. Lowering my stress seemed to help. I know theyre aweful good luck working thru that.

Now Im realizing that I dont handle emotions normally. When something triggers mine, I end up obsessing and stewing over them for weeks or months. Ive always been this way since elementary school age I think. Evidently thats not normal? Hopefully EMDR helps with this.

Yeah CPTSD is an ongoing battle. You chip away on something and make progress, then you're like "well it helped a bit but I still feel shitty" and off you go to the next battle.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It’s easy to be consumed with inconsequential frivolities when you’re not competing with saber toothed tigers to survive. :Poke: :Poke:

[​IMG]

CBRRRRR999 and cav115 like this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

My local watering hole is Lebowskis

Yours is "Pronouns Bar and Grill"