1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Porsche Tax

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 12, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Wahoo! I got something in common with millionaires! :crackup:

Attached Files:

ToofPic, Gino230 and auminer like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Cayenne? From everything I hear, they're bulletproof. I'm thinking of getting a used GTS one of these days.

Philip Mirgliotta, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I will never drive anything but an F150. Just thinking about my daughter's Z4 makes me want to fire bomb Germany. The Rav 4 we replaced it with is ten times the car for half the money, as long as you don't need to go 170mph.

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Oil changes for the 993 are $600-ish. I do them every couple years in my garage. Sort of a pain, but I can do it in a few hours.

5. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

We must brothers from different mothers

6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Cayenne might be bulletproof. Hers was the smaller Macan. I was told by someone when we bought it that it should "run like a tractor". Fast forward a few years and the independent Porsche specialty shop owner tells me these are the known, recurring issues with the Macan.... Timing cover bolts are titanium and break easily causing annoying oil leak. The motor mounts wear out causing vibration, refer back to the first problem. Vibration causes titanium bolts to break. And there was one or two more smaller known issues. The timing chain cover repair was almost $7000. Front end of the car has to be removed for access.

motion likes this.
  7. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Ask the Russians about how all that German precision works when it's not optimal conditions year round. They just can't help themselves.

backho likes this.
  8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Im really confused with who attacked person harbor now. Or is this entire thread sarcasm. Either way I’m completely lost :crackup:

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Are you ridiculously over engineered and possessed of many annoying quirks? Do small pieces come detached from your interior on a regular basis? Is the fun you provide overshadowed by insane maintenance and repair costs?

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

DJT jr rocks an F150

My buddy that sold them said the farmers in the country always walked in with stained overalls with holes in them and paid cash for them

The guys with gold rimmed glasses and expensive shoes ended up with 5,6,7 yr loans

SundaySocial, YamahaRick and auminer like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's because they could take that $50K @ 2.9% courtesy of Ford and get 10%+ elsewhere.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

And overpay at the same time!

FYI, DJIA over the last five years has increased less than seven percent per year, on average. You pay taxes on that as well.

@motion & @Bird LLC ... if nothing else, we are consistent!

BigBird and tony 340 like this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Bingo

These lunatic furniture stores got grown men financing a fucking chair

They leave out they're charging more if you don't pay cash

BigBird and YamahaRick like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Expensive doesn't mean quality.
    Just good marketing.

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I was checking out a Lambo Urass [sic] and noticed the buttons for operation the tailgate were the same as used in an Audi. Same thing for the Bugatti. I knew I liked the Q8 better anyway.

DAFAQ?!! BMWs have turn signals??

vfrket and notbostrom like this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

All in the V.A.G. family.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that like my old 930, something like 12-15 quarts? Back then it wasn’t synthetic, but I imagine they recommend synthetic now?

Also you didn’t answer, or I missed it, at the price you quoted, is the deferred maintenance of the rear main seal going to be fixed? I presume that motor is the same lineage as my 930? So are the unused push rod tubes leaking oil yet? How about cylinder head studs, are any cracked allowing seeping?

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Curious what year? I punted my 2017 in February. I got the big $12k+ job done under warranty and 3 months later the hydraulic transmission control bid started going and I punted it.

Crazy thing is there were no codes being thrown so the dealers kept saying there’s nothing wrong, trade it in. They would just slap a pre-owned warranty on it and give it to the next person.

I have a new SQ5 and it’s so much better than the Macan S. Way more fun to drive and I did quite a bit to the Macan. Springs, exhaust, flashtune.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Man, I’m really glad I bought that Panamera GTS. This thread is giving me the warm fuzzies.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Funny enough, the Porsche parts that are the same are cheaper than the VW. I almost always used the Porsche TTY bolt rather than the VW since it was the same part # and cheaper and same online vendor!

Phl218 likes this.