1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Round 8 | Circuit of the Americas | 8-10 Sept

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Aug 22, 2023.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

2. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

IMO class has about 13 riders, so I reckon her floor is 14th.

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I assumed you would get the call Gino! You would look great in a Mission Chips cardboard cutout. They’d sell a lot of chips with you. Heck, you could make sure every flight of yours has a bag of mission chips. Hundreds of impressions every time you fly.

5axis and SundaySocial like this.
  4. Gino230

Strange nobody seems willing to overlook a bunch of 25th place finishes. It's predjudice, I tell ya!

5axis and SundaySocial like this.
  5. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Cyndi and I are about 1.5 hrs away from the track tonight - it’s hot as balls out here.

We’ll be camping outside of the esses…. glad I got a 50a spot cause those AC’s are gonna be working!!!

5axis, Gino230 and YamahaRick like this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My prediction for Saturday SBK:
    Gagne
    PJ
    Herrin

Escalante
    Scholz
    Fong
    Paasch
    Beach
    Mesa
    Fores
    Alexander
    But I can't predict the order for 4th through 8th. That battle is going to be good. Escalante, Scholz and Fong are gonna mix it up. Beach will have more time on the bike as will Paasch. But Fores has a ton of superbike experience and Mesa is always tough. I am looking forward to the races and if Herrin misses the setup even a little, he could be right in the middle of that battle.

7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Has Xavi been announced to ride SBK?

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Nope, just speculation

pjzocc likes this.
  9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

He didn't win the chip yet and that was supposed to be the deal to let him ride SB the last two rounds.

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

11. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

12. swissrcr

swissrcr Active Member

i have Kayla for 1st or 2nd. she is smart with racecraft (drafting). so glad she is given this opportunity.well deserved.

13. Gino230

So, you think on her first weekend on the Kawi, at a track she's never been to before, with a totally new team, she'll beat Tyler Scott, Xavi, Hayes, and Teagg Hobbs? I mean she's very fast and clearly and up and comer, but that's asking a lot.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Has she even ridden this bike before? If she’s top 10 that’s great.

15. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

Never ridden the Kawi or on the circuit.

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Mesa on a new bike new track. He’s light and on a fast bike. A lot of club experience on the 1k. Fuck he was taking it to Dwyer, McLean, and Bruno 8 years ago on the west side 1k Suzuki.

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'd LOVE for that to play out but I'm gonna predict she finishes 7-8th in race #1 and if it's a 2 race weekend I think she'll find herself closer so maybe 6-7th. Still impressive and nothing to hang her head about by any means.

Gino230 and 27 like this.
  18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Wow - that’s a lot of oil

418, 5axis and ungwaha like this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Hot AF out there.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well, we do have a new-to-the-series teenager on a new bike and team in the Top 5 but it's not Kayla, young Torrin Collins is making a killer debut in FP1 - wowza thats impressive for his first time there on the Hammer 750.

Namarow, Canadian Bacon and pjzocc like this.