1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's coming to No. Florida.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 27, 2023.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Gas stations and publix were swamped this morning in ft Myers . Can already sense the panic

t11ravis likes this.
  2. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well the last big storm they predicted would hit Tampa, like they are this one, actually hit Ft Myers so I can understand people down there sayin F the weather predictions. Used car salesmen >> Weathermen

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Still gunshy I’m sure. Can’t blame them.

4. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Gun shy....definitely! My folks have taken it on the chin a couple times in Punta Gorda over the years.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Just closed the City of Jacksonville effective 1:50pm today. Possible reopen on Thursday...

Razr and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Looks like they're currently calling for it to get to Cat 3 by landfall. Not surprising with as warm as the Gulf is.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, thought the wind sheer would keep it down - of course as usual they're guessing so it could be anywhere 1-5 :crackup:

All I care about is it keeps moving whichever way it's going and however strong it gets....

8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

for sure , I went down to fmb the other day and it’s still devastated . Shitty deal

9. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Prayers for the Cedar Key area, got friends and family from Bradenton to PCola that live close to the coast. We're prepped for some gusty weather and rain. We're at 37' of elevation and a steepsided creek behind us so we worry mostly about trees and the roof leaking.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's another storm right behind this one.

11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

NYT: The National Hurricane Center’s latest updatereclassifying Idalia says that it is “expected to rapidly intensify into an extremely dangerous major hurricane before landfall on Wednesday

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep.
    This is a good friend of mine’s kitchen in FMB as of 2 days ago. Still no where near back to normal there. They aren’t ready for another one that’s for sure.

IMG_2902.jpeg

13. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Neighbors secured the homeless shelter at the front of the neighborhood. 20230829_095918_copy_1176x2419.jpg

MrGooch, MELK-MAN, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I wonder if they gave a tug on the tie down and said “That ain’t going anywhere.”

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

She's gonna be a Cat 3 on the coast in the big bend...Cat 2 here in Hamilton County.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

My wed flight just got cancelled. :(

19. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They don't call them the Roaring 40s and the Furious 50s for nothing!!

It does rather favor a Munch canvas, does it not!!

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.