1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on: Racing over my head - Super Hooligans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Where are you located? My parents motorhome and 10x14 v nose with two Honda 2000 generators and a parallel cable plus extra fuel tank, as well as the motorhome genset maybe available? I may buy it off them, we haven’t figured that all out yet, but dad can’t race any longer.

I just know when I come home to drag race I need it for me.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The ironic bit, I *HAD* the idea setup until recently, Class C fun mover… and I sold it ‘cause I thought I was done. D-oh! I’m in Southern Maine.

3. Boman Forklift

I had a fun mover before too. They are pretty nice. Time for you to hit searchtempest and look for one again. Lolol

4. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

My buddy and I took our FTRs to the track this weekend for testing. Fun weekend, but as you noted, these are heavy bikes with little lean angle. I added rearsets which gives me a few more degrees of lean but like you found, I needed to widen my corner entry and exit a bit. Need to work the QS a little as the FTR just does not have a smooth transmission but I liked the IRC QS. I am running CRA3s tires and they are champs, very predicable grip but did a few rear wheel drifts, have a set of T32s to try. Will try to pick up a set of 17" rims to get better tires but I think lean angle is the limiting factor anyway.

DSC_2886 1.jpg DSC_2714 (1).jpg

Gino230, Kurlon and Riot like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Those sure do look sweet!!!

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I just booked half my hotel time... O U C H. But, I've got a confirmed place to crash and isolate, and I have my race entry in so... ready or not I'm committed. I think I've finally got a belly pan sourced, and some other bits, I'm working on re-engineering a set of rearsets and pursuing an OEM path if they don't work out, need to buy tires, fuel... nothing about this makes sense but I'm doing it anyways.

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

Who did you source a belly pan from?

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Buell Service out of Italy, oddly there seems to be more parts and active, ongoing parts development on Buells in Europe than the US? Whatever, I'll take what I can get. They're quoting a one week production time, est 2 weeks to my door. So now it's a race between them and Airtech, and whomever looses will either be the spare, or sold used to help recoup and plan for next year.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dammit. Saw a Buell roll through Rockland this morning, didn’t even think to bikejack him and get you some spares ;)

Kurlon likes this.
  10. GixxerFaithful

GixxerFaithful Active Member

I'd love to chat with you about tech requirements and setup since you actually ran an SV in the class.

11. Dominguez44

Dominguez44 Well-Known Member

Kool! I sent you a pm

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you're sharing gotchas to watch out for... slip into my PMs too? :D

13. Dominguez44

Dominguez44 Well-Known Member

LOL , I'll share any info I have . Its a super fun time in this class.
    With the exception of fuel pump failure at Daytona Ive been able to make it in the top 15 at tracks I've never been too. Low stress.
    Pm me if you have a specific question.

Kurlon likes this.
  14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Mother trucker… “So, we’re going to have to modify your shirt order, we have to remove the Registered trademarks and change the logos a bit…” The hell you will, the logos supplied by the series are not to be modified, full stop. Of course they notify me AFTER their normal business hours so I can’t get them by phone right now.

15. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this adventure with us, Josh.

Been reading everything here and on the local forum as well.

It's looking like things will work out just fine!:)

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Who are you using?

17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Custom Ink, they seemed like the big player in the space.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They suck. There are better options when do you need them by?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

End of the month, going to do some poking around this afternoon on a potential alternate option.

20. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Just poked my head into this thread and saw a Buell Xbox being prepped. My 2cents having raced a xb9/12r and 1125….
    Use the ebr front rotor. All stock Xb and 1125 rotors will warp.

Don’t use ebc pads. Fades bad

upgrade to 1125 8 piston caliper, it bolts right up

my favorite pad is ferrodo zrac but they quit making them so they’re hard to find. They wear really quick but have good bite and no fade. I’ve heard others get decent results with sbs.

beware fuel starvation under braking when the level gets low. Maybe foam will help. I always kept a full tank for sprints

xb12r footpeg plates will bolt up to a uly frame and raise the pegs for more ground clearance.

An Xb12s bar should work decently with a lot less rise.

I’ll post up if I think of anything else pertinent.