1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hating the new motogp site

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Aug 5, 2023.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I just got into my Apple TV to watch the race. What a complete piece of shit this interface is. Who the fuck thought this was even remotely a lukewarm idea????

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The app is an absolute catastrophe now.

3. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Really? It seems to work great on my Roku. I like that there are no spoiler videos on the home page now. Not sure how you get to the old stuff now though.

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Good point.

I'd be content just be fired....

DJ Baker likes this.
  5. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

On the Apple TV app there were several messages that stated that the app wasnt compete yet and the “No Spoiler” feature was not available among other things.

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

They are probably losing viewership due to the now "Ducati cup race" and struggling teams (I did not renew this year for first time in years). Instead of improving that, some idiot convinced the board of directors that all they needed to do was revamp the app or something stupid instead of addressing the root cause.

So I have not seen the new app yet. But previously, watching it through a browser on my TV limited the resolution so I could not watch it in 1080p/i. I bought an Amazon firestick just so I could download the App and get high resolution. I also bookmarked the no spoiler page for obvious reasons.

I have also messaged them before about spoilers everywhere. I even stopped following them on social media as my feed would ruin it for me when I was ready to watch races. Seems Roadracingworld.com is the only company that "gets it" when forcing you to click on link for race results. Seems like such a simple thing that no major race organization can figure out or care about.

7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

So is there no 'no-spoiler' section anymore? Or are the races on the 'current season' part of the app just not going to show the winners on the podium as the thumbnail?

8. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Mongo, If MotoGP sends out a survey on their new Beta app, can we all include a link to this thread in our replies?

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Who's the guy that complained so much a few years ago about the motogp videopass and the website that he got a meeting arranged with the dev team to discuss his many issues?

How do I work this bat signal......

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Dear Dan,

Thank you for contacting us.

In our new website, you can now access the video content through the VIDEOS SECTION and then VIDEOPASS, all as “no-spoiler”, both in the titles and preview images (Sections are: Current Season, Archive, Documentaries, Collections and MotoGP™ Classics).

In our new apps for iOS and Android devices, you may set the VIDEOPASS section as your default page to access without spoilers, and browse the content using the available filters.

The TV apps do not have a no-spoiler area yet, and there is limited archived content (except for Roku, where you can access previous content using the Current Season and Search options).

Our team is working hard to add more content and features as soon as possible, and we will continue to do so in the upcoming weeks and months, but we cannot provide an exact date as to when a particular content will be uploaded.

Let us highlight that all the features and most of the video content since 2000 is available to you, although it might not always be through your preferred device for a while.

As a temporary solution, you may use your phone or tablet device to display the no-spoiler content in your TV from our website or mobile app:
    Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences and thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard. Kind regards,

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I've never had issues with the app on my iphone, past or present....Today though, i open the app like normal, click on 'watch live' and I get audio but a blank white screen.

I've turned the phone off and on and deleted the app several times and re-installed. Still the same.

Sucks 'cause that's how I stream the race wknd to the big tv.

Edit: I fired up my old iphone 6s and it is streaming to my TV...iphone 11 no go. wth.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  12. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

It seems like whenever there's a live video stream active, I can't watch recorded videos because the loading swirl never goes away, so I can't navigate the recorded video section.