1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covid psa

Discussion in 'General' started by David-imoddavid, Aug 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 418

418 Expert #59

Oh dear, the irony of this statement.

Quicktoy and cbush like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

OP best wishes to you. I had no idea COVID can cause such issues.

R1Racer99, Quicktoy and 27 like this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

This thread tastes like burning.

My 2 cents. I'm jabbed and may have had it. A former neighbor who worked as a PA at Piedmont in the ICU said that almost all of the patients she had were non vax. She wrote up 2-5 death certificates a night.

One friend died of covid. He was in his 70s, obese, and other health problems. No clue if he was vaxed.

Fiancée works at the Atlanta VA. They're mask protocols are ramping back up as they're seeing more cases of a newer strain.

Attached Files:

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Got the jab three times. Got Covid twice, once pre-jab. Just ended up being a bad cold for me. I still have some lung issues when doing aerobic activities but have no idea why and I'm not blaming covid or the jab. I feel lucky either way. Glad to see the OP is still going strong. Crazy how it affected different folks in completely different ways.

My 82 year old father gave me the Norovirus this spring. Now that was 5 days of pure hell and another week of catching up. I had no idea I could evacuate everything in my body so quickly. I went from perfectly fine at 8am to sickest I've ever been by 5pm. Literally felt like death would have been better multiple times in the first couple days. Luckily I was very careful with washing my hands and cleaning surfaces and my wife didn't get the virus from me. She would have killed me.

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

You have a skewed way of looking at it... you say, "they were talking about" a lot of your scenario never happened. I live in Michigan, own property and a vacation home in Canada so again... you assume. My choice was I didnt want the shot but, knew I would not be able to cross the border to our Canada home, for a loooong time. Knowing we had damaged at the property from neighbor reports, I got the shot, just for that reason. see... a choice.

people made their choice to get the shot or lose their jobs, way of life, then those mandates were overturned and people were reinstated with back pay. some decided it wasnt worth going back to that job. so your history is a little skewed there too.

and no, I dont forget how hard, and still how hard it is pushed. it isnt/wasnt right, and should have been a choice, with no consequences. I am on your side, believe it or not. Again, it is ok to disagree, it is a discussion, not a fight. Ski

R1Racer99 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I point a gun at you and demand your wallet, technically I suppose that you also have a choice.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anyone else have a job where you can fudge a third of your results? (I vividly remember logical people making this argument a couple years ago and getting shamed for it.)

"The official number is probably an exaggeration because it includes some people who had virus when they died even though it was not the underlying cause of death. Other C.D.C. data suggests that almost one-third of official recent Covid deaths have fallen into this category. A study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases came to similar conclusions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/17/briefing/covid.html

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

a death cert is not an autopsy.

MELK-MAN and Phl218 like this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I’m just saying it’s dumb to blame everything on the vaccine when there’s billions of people who got it and are fine.

10. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. Some of you guys just can't help yourselves. A guy post of photo of his missing leg, and you guys go down the usual rabbit hole. At least you're consistent.

11. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

:stupid:

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Yeah you’re right, I’m out. Sorry to the op.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  13. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

100%

It's always amazing to me the lack of compassion everyone seems to have about covid. Someone's life changed or worse, it's ended, and people still find a way to have no compassion and start arguing about their view on the whole ordeal. Regardless of your stance on everything, you don't have to be a horrible person and notice the tragedy that took place.

This guy's life has forever been altered by Covid. Show some respect.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Years ago I read about a service that matched people missing a leg
    with other people missing the opposite leg so they could trade shoes.

15. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

You’re surprised by the existence of schadenfreude or the guilty pleasure of someone receiving their just deserts? I don’t seem to remember all the “patriots” in the 1950s attacking scientists over the cure for polio. Back then it was seen as a duty as a good American to get your children inoculated and to help develop herd immunity.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I can say that 100% of
    Im pretty sure herd immunity isn’t needed when you have a vaccine that prevents you from getting a disease and you take that vaccine. That being said, I was vaccinated for polio in the late 80s. What kind of herd immunity was there if I was still getting the vaccine 30 years later?

tony 340 and 27 like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I certainly hope you recognize the culpability in your charges to those on both ends of the spectrum.

Most of us just wanted to be left alone to make our own decisions without the strident bombast or threats or manipulation.

R1M370, Dragginass, Sabre699 and 6 others like this.
  18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

[​IMG]

27 likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'm no doctor, but I'd bet Covid comes roaring back to life right before our next election.....say.......8 months or so

I feel like I've seen this play out before

There will be no shortage of test kits though, number inflation will be key

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Polio wasn't cured by any medication, it was eradicated, along with a number of
    other diseases by improvements in sanitation. Sanitary sewer systems, access to
    clean water, refrigeration and good food-handling processes, streets that weren't full
    of horse shit anymore due to automobiles taking over and convincing the public to
    wash more along with less overcrowding took down polio, smallpox,
    and a bunch of others. The history you think you know is a myth spread by the
    pharmaceutical companies. All of those diseases were almost gone before the introduction
    of the item you think was responsible. All you have to do is read the history.
    Don't feel bad, though, most doctors believe the lie just as you do.

Quicktoy and WillMill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.