1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covid psa

Discussion in 'General' started by David-imoddavid, Aug 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Have you actually read what they’ve said, people are giving their own honest testimonies of what has worked well for them. All proven treatments. And you’re going to knock that? You’re knocking something that can help someone who is sick? I’m just making sure I’m understanding what you said. And before you answer, don’t lie. You haven’t read any of the posts thoroughly.

R1M370, GixxerBlade, 418 and 4 others like this.
  2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

All the guys I know with a pHd can't park a fucking car.....so......take that for what it's worth

MachineR1 and Banditracer like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If you can manage to earn a Ph.D, get yourself a name that doesn’t describe a yeast infection…

Attached Files:

4. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

Totally in support of being a lifelong student in all aspects of life and questioning authority… but as long as you don’t proclaim to be a doctor, study away. We’re all free to believe that we are smarter than anyone.
    But first or last, those doctors spent a lot of time and money to learn those books, then put their dicks in the ring and passed the standardized tests. And they are human too, so maybe some of them fall for selling party lines…

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I see the sheep are as well.

aaronson, R1M370, 1trackmind and 6 others like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Son, you go ahead and listen to those "experts" and do
    what they tell you, you obviously need to learn things
    the hard way. I'm fine with you being an example of what
    not to do. Perhaps you missed my tale about the doctor who
    was willing to cause me kidney failure for a few extra dollars
    in his pocket. Luckily my home studies had already alerted
    me to the dangers of the medicine he wanted me to take.

Btw, medical students aren't taught anything about vaccines,
    people going into medical research are so your doctor has to
    study the subject outside of college just like I did. Doctors aren't
    magic nor are they super intelligent, they're just people.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Only in clown world does this make sense.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...rch-when-it-comes-to-science/?sh=db745cb535ea

8. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

I’m not sure I’d use that as an example. Did you actually read that entire three year old article?

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

The wife is an NP with a Doctorate from a prominent university, working Cardio Thoracic Surgery, front line for covid, in surgery, and ICU CCU care. they (the cardio thoracic medical professionals) are seeing a huge increase in clotting, in those that had the virus (with and without the vaccines/boosters), and those that didnt get the virus but, were vaccinated and or boosted. we wont know the long term issues from all of this for quite some time. the amount of clotting events post covid are staggering, to say the least.

this really was a damned if you do, damned if you dont, and something each person has/had to make a decision that was right for them, and their situation. and to criticize a person for their decision one way or another, for either side, is just asinine to me. It was a choice, we all made one, move on.

The scariest thing for my wife was, the generally healthy people, with no comorbidities, that went downhill so fast, and they couldnt do much for them. the way she explained it to me was, it is like an allergic reaction... if your body responds by attacking itself instead of the virus, there isnt much they could do. it was in such a small percentage of people but, it did happen. Ski

chobes, Quicktoy, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  10. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

the article is three years old
    My doctor wanted me to go home and take a chance on recovering from covid . I asked about monoclonal antibodies and Abe didn’t want me to take it as a treatment , because i didn’t fit
    the CDC protocols. Luckily I read them before calling her and lied about having high blood pressure . A few hours later I got the Monoclonal Antibodies IV drip from the local hospital. The nurse was perplexed, that I didn’t fit the age group for receiving it and my blood pressure was normal. Less than 24 hours later my fever broke and I felt like a million bucks .

Rebel635, R1M370, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Doctors used to prescribe both cocaine and heroin. They also used to say sugar was great and eggs were bad and that's just in my lifetime. They're not infallible. Everyone is still learning about the Rona.

Did you know Yale and Harvard are studying a condition dubbed "long vax"? Probably won't see it in the news...

https://www.science.org/content/art...and-long-covid-illness-starts-gain-acceptance
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...bing-new-condition-linked-Covid-vaccines.html
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/ot...ew-condition-linked-to-covid-shot/ar-AA1dweSF

“You see one or two patients and you wonder if it’s a coincidence,” says Anne Louise Oaklander, a neurologist and researcher at Harvard Medical School. “But by the time you’ve seen 10, 20,” she continues, trailing off. “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.”

aaronson, 418 and sdg like this.
  12. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

You lose me when you say "it was a choice".
    For a ton of people it wasn't shot or no shot. More like it was shot or start your life over.
    You are being cavalier with the facts.

Rebel635, Phl218, 418 and 2 others like this.
  13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Got the vaccine and still alive. Just like a couple hundred million people. The horror.

freedomgli, Jed and RossK6 like this.
  14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Shit, forgot to call it the “jab” to
    make it sound scary.

freedomgli and Jed like this.
  15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Didn't get the vaccine and still alive as well, just like the smart people. :)

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not sure where you live but it doesn't sound like its the US or Canada. People were forced to get the shot or lose their entire life. They were talking about cancelling insurance on people. Having a separate 'non-vaxxed' ward in the hospitals where 'people could die while the Dr's worked on the vaxxed'.... digital vaccine passports to create a 2-tiered society. You've got some revisionist history going on there.

Don't forget how hard it was pushed, and that it was forced on people that may have not been in a position to make a choice.

MachineR1, aaronson, Rebel635 and 5 others like this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

27 and cbush like this.
  18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

You wouldn't happen to be a size 12 would you?

Attached Files:

19. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Got Covid (twice) and still alive. Just like a couple Billion people. The horror.

See how stupid that sounds?

MachineR1, Rebel635, R1M370 and 7 others like this.
  20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

A company I worked at in the late 90's had a Phd electrical engineer hit a light pole in the building parking lot, the parking lot was completely empty when it happened. Most people at the company were fairly normal but a few dudes made it memorable like guys showing up to work with collared shirts on backwards or some so introverted they'd rather crawl under the carpet than say hi as you walked by them in the hallway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.