1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craigslist deals you couldn't pass up.

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Jul 9, 2023.

1. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

So it's a bit of a habit to browse the local craigslist now and then.
    Come up with several good deals, 4 burner Viking propane/electric range for $550
    32' fiberglass extension ladder for $50, old miter trimmer for $40, desk/workstation for free,
    8 lateral filing cabinets for the shop for $300, sold three of those for $100 each and kept 5.

Latest thing I couldn't pass up: Michelin signs measuring 4' x 18'
    Yes, that's right. FOUR FEET BY EIGHTEEN FEET. Yes, I said "signs" - there are two of them.
    They were free, and yes I know that they are both the dumbest and coolest thing I've scored off craigslist.

Maybe someone will trade me one of these for some other sign I can hang in the shop.......

Attached Files:

KneeDragger_c69, G2G and trussdude like this.
  2. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

There’s a huge market for those with the classic car crowd to decorate man caves - throw it on bring a trailer .

3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I'm still looking for a $5 Vespa:D

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Look over in that very dark corner... hehe. Get your face real close!

6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Are you saying this candy isn't really "free"??:moon:

7. IrocRob

I was just looking over there, I may have to build a light box for it to get a really good price.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The son of someone I went to school with since grade school collects signs in Illinois. He has them all over his barn on display. Even has the old scoreboard from our high school football games.

Anyway he is probably 26-28 and I gave him a neon sign I had. If you are interested I could share his info and maybe you can work out a trade?

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Best I’ve got is a few Morbidelli signs and tool bag…………from our first CNC from back way before the son was in gp.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And best deal I’ve ever gotten from c-list is my daughter’s ttr125. Cost me 50 bucks 5 years ago, and she’s still running the piss out of it :rock:

ToofPic and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. IrocRob

You can let him know I will be getting rid of one eventually. If he is interested have him sign up and send a message. Thanks!

12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Paid $50 for a 46" Lawn tractor that only needed a new battery, spark plug, and oil change. Cut my yard with it the last cutting season. Let my neighbor use it for his yard too. Cuts like a champ

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What state are you in?

14. IrocRob

New Jersey - shipping might be a bit inconvenient

15. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

2001 SV650 never crashed, not running and clean title for $65 which $15 of that was the replacement clean title... Had like 8k miles or something low like that.

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

17. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

I thought he just made t-shirts and yellow wigs. Learn something every day.

Oh, and the location given is in the Phoenix free fire zone, so best bring your 10mm and several homies.

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  18. 969

969 Well-Known Member

EU2000 f0r 200 bucks, had it running in 30 min.

Boman Forklift and Banditracer like this.
  19. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Wasnt that so cool , like it was meant to happen with rd racers daughter always wanting one and a very difficult scooter to find in such fantastic condition . Super guy and definitely gets the dad of the year award

YamahaRick, rd400racer and Sabre699 like this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

2 Brand new Yamaha 2000’s with Pigtail connector and covers… When I went to get them he said one wasn’t starting.. he was asking 1800 which was good being they were brand new with covers and pigtail.. I declined since one wasn’t firing.. he chased me to my truck.. I offered a grand.. he took it for both… Got home and noticed the fuel vent on the one not starting was closed… Used them the last 6 seasons with no issues…

YamahaRick, evakat, No Brakes and 2 others like this.