1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica LivePlus

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jul 9, 2023.

1. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

i literally watched all 3 r
    i literally watched all 3 sbk races this weekend live on youtube. Granted they were about 30 seconds delayed compared to what was on Live+, but that is live enough for me.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

4 years ago I was watching it on BEin sports. My $10 per month subscription got me MotoGP, WSBK and MotoAmerica. The app was better too, never spoiled it for me.

evakat, R1Racer99 and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No you were not watching all the classes on BeIn.

4. Skter505

I was watching superbike and supersport. Same thing I watch now. Once in a while I'll watch twins but not often. The app is absolutely not worth the $90 or whatever it is up to now. Next year will be the first year I don't subscribe.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just because something sucks less than it did doesn't mean it can't still suck and you know it..
    All I'm asking like the original post is to not have the races spoiled while trying to watch them. Its really really not hard to do.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I had Bein too, but my memory fails me. Was there a way to stream past races on Bein? Oh yeah, I guess I just saved them all to my DVR. I guess I paid the same $180 a year as you for Bein. Now, I pay just under double that for MotoGP, wsbk, and MA. The upside is streaming on any device anywhere, the downside is that I never watch worldsbk in my living room because it doesn’t cast for shit on my fire stick or chrome cast. I go watch it on my computer which works great though.

7. Skter505

Yeah I used the Bein Roku app which had the races as soon as they were live and they would be saved for a week. That was the downside you couldn't go back and watch older stuff.

The live+ app could be so much better and I want to support MA but if the app keeps spoiling races and they post to YouTube anyway I'm out.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Very true but its the lack of an effort to correct the easiest of fixes that drive us crazy. And to compound matters, anytime you reach out you are met with hostility and its always never there fault its our problem which just isn't the case at all. Add in the fact that they are now giving the most desired content out for free its coming to a boiling point.

tophyr likes this.
  9. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I welcome the YouTube streaming. Hopefully it brings advertisers, interest, and sport building. I’m so tired of being nickel and dimed every day every second of my life. I dumped all subscriptions in my life and forgot what having extra pocket change was like.

we as fans should all be promoting this move as much as possible if we want any chance of our grids to stay filled up, cause let’s not kid ourselves racing isn’t the same as the “glory days”

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Really? race subscriptions are your worry?

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Why yes!!! Right up there with Global warming, getting fat, turning gray, loosing my hair, and the baseball pennant race. :flag::D

cav115 likes this.
  12. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Not a worry, but interest in the sport is required. A good way to lose interest in a sport is to make it harder to watch.

I’m a product of this. My family is a car family, generations of drag racing. The only reason I got into motorcycles was watching a race on regular TV back in 2002. There is no denying that motorcycle racing is in steep decline, and part of that is for sure from it being hard to watch

tophyr and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

That has not been the norm. I'm not sure if that was a Laguna special or what. Typically, only some of the smaller classes are live streamed. That said, if they keep doing it I'm with you. No point in paying for it if they are going to YouTube everything.

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

theyve done this all year, first year for it. It is in the "live section" not the videos section. I believe they live stream baggers too and occasionally the supersport race.

15. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

You can set the motogp app to automatically open on the spoiler free page by default. at least on apple tv

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In comparison to no coverage it doesn't remotely suck even with the hiccups and honestly you're all a bunch of whiney ass bitches :crackup:

cav115 and MELK-MAN like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sorry, didn't know we had so many app programmers on here.

Not sure what there is a boiling point for, don't use the app use youtube if it's a problem for you. The bitching is what's ridiculous.

I'm also lost on how they respond with hostility. Y'all need to relax a bit more and not take things so personally.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree with the first part but there were no glory days no matter what the old farts say. I'll take an app to watch live with any and all hiccups over have to wait and buy a video from Duke to see racing.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is pure delusion sorry - you might have caught one race tape delayed on 2002 but that is it. And even then it was an added on cable channel and not "regular" tv. Motorcycle roadracing isn't remotely in a steep decline and no idea why people keep insisting it is.

20. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

"Mike on the mike" is great, entertaining and the video and sound are perfect. Seems like the last several races, the sound is ahead of the video. Definitely annoying. Via roku by the way

tophyr and Circacee like this.