1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

77 + 389 = 1 congrats!

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Jul 5, 2023.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

That's awesome news.
    In other news, how are you and where have you been? Oh, and I sold the Ninja 300 I bought from you.

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Doing good, still in the same spot and playing with adv bikes

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Man, I have this image stuck in my head from little Tally years ago. Showed up late to the track one night and my buddies had already setup camp in the middle of the paddock and there was no room nearby to stick my truck and trailer. So I parked the truck on the outskirts of the paddock and started to unload just some of the basics, my bike and some gear, to haul down to my buddies' pit in the mid-paddock area. Damn near the instant I hopped out of the truck, Draik comes running over to say hi and next thing I know he's grabbing my gear and shit to help haul it halfway across the paddock. The image stuck in my head? Little Draik at probably 10 years old bumbling behind me through the paddock carrying a set of leathers twice his size as I rolled the bike down to my buddies' canopy. I was about 6'4", 225 lbs back then so you can imagine the size of my leathers compared to a 10 year old kid.

And now he's all growed up. Man I feel old.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats! His Dad was pretty active here before he hung up the leathers. Well thanks for your service and good luck on the nuptials Draik!

I still wear the t-shirt :)

6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My daughter by proxy is all grown up. Draik's a solid young man. They both are pretty level headed responsible young adults.

Proud of both of them.

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hey wait isn't Draik the "park it and pull it!" Guy?

Congrats Draik!

Circacee likes this.
  9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Thank you all. We are looking forward to seeing what the future holds for these two.

-Draik's Dad

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Thanks for putting that together, didn't click in my brain till your post that this was Charlie's daughter. Congrats to them both and their families!

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I have to say I was impressed with Draik's maturity a few years ago when he decided to step away from racing to focus on a career. Never met the young man, but he sure seems to have his priorities in order. Congrats to all and hope you guys have a long life full of happiness and adventures.

r6boater, BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Congrats to your son and new daughter-in-law!

I enjoyed watching him race.

I'm active duty Army as well, just pinned 1SG back in April. If he ever has any career progression questions doesn't hesitate to reach out.

And ask him if he's been roped into the Motorcycle Mentor Program? If not, its a great opportunity for him to introduce some guys in his unit to track riding, and a chance to demonstrate some leadership that will help him promote...something to chew on. I have a shell for whay I plan on implementing into my unit's program if he's interested.