1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh…that’s a hard no from me dawg

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 19, 2023.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, but also with Bezos tagging along.

We should encourage this trend, as long as they take some folks from Washington along for the ride too.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sure are a bunch of smug bastards (bitches?) on here for a forum centered on an activity that most of the population would deem idiotically high-risk stupidity.

Just sayin'...

SuddenBraking and JBall like this.
  4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

3:00 PM? How is it that in this age of global internet news writers can't learn to include the time zone when they say what time something is happening?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll take the smug. It will go behind the "smart enough to not be bolted into a carbon fiber tube and tossed into the ocean."

Steeltoe, Raceless man and 418 like this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Eastern is the only one that matters...

skidooboy, TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

OK, I gotta stop you right there, mister. Gabby was hot. RIP Ms. Petito.

SGVRider likes this.
  8. auminer

Zulu.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, this is a stupid comparison.

Taking a calculated risk and doing whatever the fuck these guys thought they were doing are two very different things.

This is equivalent of doing that ninja bike ghost rider shit and then acting suprised when body parts start flying.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

No.
    GMT is THE one.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My opinion, they have to say there's a debris field. If they were found still whole, I think it would be a problem. People would be mad that they couldn't save them.

12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im sure the ceo lied thru his teeth claiming it was safe...

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Unconfirmed, but a gentleman that knew 2 onboard, and is in contact with those on the search site has been told supposedly landing gear frame, and part of tail piece has been found on the ocean floor. Will post vid in YouTube thread.

Take that as you will.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I know enough to stupid about operating at those depths.. So does that mean that pressures at those depths caused the vessel to come apart? Did it sink so fast that the landing damaged it when it hit the floor? Trying to understand if it was bolted or welded together how that equipment rose to the top

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some parts will be less dense than water and will float. That in and of itself won't tell you why it came apart but a pressure related failure seems pretty likely.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was like what forum are we on for a second. Also, in terms of the rich, saying you went to space, went to see the Titanic just makes you have that "rizz" and can one-up the next super rich bozo/boza/boz

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Does ego float?

BigBird likes this.
  18. auminer

Nope.

19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

While you have to take the allegations leveled at the company in the lawsuit, as just allegations, the companies response was completely bewildering and would lead me to be inclined to believe the allegations were all true - till proven otherwise.

There’s not a waiver you could sign and would probably need a Loyds policy for actual insurance on any work for that project, I’m astonished some of the suppliers even accepted contracts for that project.

20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Stupid rich guys