1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh…that’s a hard no from me dawg

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 19, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Just go to show you can be filthy rich but still completely stupid.

Same with these experts, people that should know better but apparently can't find their ass with both hands.

Just reading some comments here about this project, I would think a couple of dumbass rednecks could have figured out this wasn't the best idea in the world.

There's such a thing as taking a calculated risk and then there's this shit.

2. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/20/1183273102/titan-missing-sub-titanic-rescue-oceangate

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

4. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Are they at 1 atmosphere inside the vessel?

5. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

They're below sea level. :Poke:

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

:Poke:

INSIDE the vessel I would guess that the cabin is pressurized to 1 ATM +/- a bit.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nah, they chose this. THIS is a terrible way to go...https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...out-sailors-trapped-inside-sunken-battleship/

cav115 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who pays for the search and all the costs involved with trying to save them?

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Advertising...

10. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Since it’s the US Navy and US Coast Guard I’m betting it’s US.

969 likes this.
  11. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Even if these guys are super smart and it was just a calculated risk that went to shit, I just can't wrap my head around the whole it's built to go just over 13K' below the sea so we're going to 12.5K' and hang out. I'd like a little more cushion.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

14. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I would imagine they had to pressurize beyond 1ATM in order to keep 5340PSI from crushing the vessel like a Bud Light can at a sorority party.

16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

The Internet has ruined me…I did not read that as it was intended.

Gino230, Kev59 and renegade17 like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

hey Egg,
    Speaking of subs have you listened to the UO Rock and Roll Submarine album? It’s pretty good, I didn’t know it existed…

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So another thing got me thinking (and I’ve not read every comment) but if you’re the alpha male, do you take out the others to conserve 5 people worth of air? How many days would that buy you? If any after wasting time fighting?

and why are some of y’all worried about the hatch not opening from inside…. Do y’all have any idea what would happen down there if you opened the hatch? If you could even push it open??

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Whasssup robbybobby!?

I know that if I was in there with my kid, and things looked terminal, I would figure out a way to off myself to buy my kid extra time.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’d light up Marlboros and jerk off.

969, Gino230 and Robby-Bobby like this.