1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh…that’s a hard no from me dawg

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 19, 2023.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'm missing

If this is for making money..... you could do Lake Superior, eliminate all the deteriorating issues that come with saltwater, choose from 100s of shipwrecks, and have them at a fraction of the depth and physics at play, and on top of that 2 countries coast guardsmen right on both sides. And since you're in freshwater I'd assume the shipwreck is in better shape for viewing

MrGooch likes this.
  2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

If a billionaire dies we will surely find out

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But who is gonna pay $250k to check out a wreck on Lake Superior?
    I saw the titanic first hand sounds indefinitely better than I saw a trash barge first hand.

It’s all about the cash.

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

They’re still losing money at those prices. They burn $1,000,000 in diesel alone on average.

5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I was not aware that any were trash barges but physics is much less of a factor

There are 100s of wrecks in Superior so you could service multiple wreck with the same vessel

500 feet to see the Fitzgerald sounds like something I'd do.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But the Fitzgerald? Come on, cool story but it’s an iron ore carrier and I’d bet 99% of the chicks you’re trying to hit on at the bar have no idea on what you’re talking about if you throw that at them.
    I climbed Everest (and three Sherpas had to carry me up it)! I took a sub to see, first hand the Titanic! (Panties are flying off before you even finish the sentence). I flew a spitfire on d day (you’re a fuckin’ gawd with this one).
    I took a sub to explore the Edmund Fitzgerald to . . . She’s already texting her gf to save her from an IT dork that’s “talking to her about D&D.”

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

or go to Lake Michigan where former fast guy, Jeff Vos, AMA 250gp/SB is The Authority on shipwrecks and leads dives all the time even finding ships lost for a century

pretty cool I think

969 and 5axis like this.
  8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Billionaires are all about one thing. Exclusivity. When you can buy everything the only thing that matters is to get either one-of things or to experience something before anyone else.
    Bet the bookings to go see the titanic were sold out for years, well not anymore…

K2 summit is 200m less than everest and yet no one’s lining up to climb it. Cuz Everest has the name, same with Titanic.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tangent: I got huge issues with “climbing Everest.”
    All it takes is cash with no regard for the Sherpas and the mountain. Articles I’ve read talk about paraplegics “climbing” Everest (carried up by 4 Sherpas and other handlers). Blind people “climbing the mountain but need 4 or 5 others to do it. It’s one of the ultimate challenges that is now Coachella. The mountain is covered in trash and bodies.
    Rant over.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think it's safe to say this watercraft was not seaworthy. They got lucky 8 times is all.

Chino52405, sharkattack and motion like this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

New report says a guy got fired last year after turning the company in for using a window only rated for 1300 meters. The titanic is at 4000 meters.. ( these numbers night not be exact but you get the point)

Pixelator and Phl218 like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

when I was young and getting into rock climbing and all that shit I discovered mount McKinley and that was my goal until. . . I discovered I was terrified of heights. :D
    The terrified of heights that I couldn’t do gaps with a ladder. I was done.
    I would kill to do Denali! To do K2? Dude. . .

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Don't be so sure about that. I bet you'd pull some fine youpper azz diving to see the Fitz.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You could've just bought one of these and saved yourself some money and hassle. :Poke:

[​IMG]

:moon::D

ChemGuy likes this.
  15. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

E Reed likes this.
  16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Well hell the hull didnt break at least.

Somebody must have spilled a soda on the control computer.

sharkattack likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Prolly has a Windows interface and they got the BSOD. That would suck!

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

So what was the rescue plan in place?

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

select, start, up, down, up, down.

But seriously, I really feel for that father and Son. I couldn't imagine that terror. Finger crossed for the best possible outcome, but it would be an absolute miracle if they find them, let alone rescue them alive.

20. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Funkm05 likes this.