1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r vs s1000rr

Discussion in 'General' started by adrenalist, Jun 15, 2023.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Love hearing that you and the XR are starting to gel a bit :beer:

rd400racer and adrenalist like this.
  2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Right on. Sounds like you want the RSV4 Factory....

adrenalist likes this.
  3. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

Unreal. In awe of his riding ability...

4. adrenalist

Those guys have my sincerest respect.

5. adrenalist

Had to do some research on Gunnison Pass. Looks like a hoot! Put it on my radar as I've done the million dollar highway on a sport bike, but never made it out there. Yet!

Live in the Davis mountains in TX. Summer is mostly 80's with some 90's here and there with zero humidity and nights are low 70's/60's. The landscape is a lot like southern Cali without the taxes/expenses, nor politics. Pretty unknown place and most everyone I see is rocking a sidearm. Definitely different. Posting a pic of the ride. Not as excellent as the Three Sisters (my favorite stomping ground in TX) but I prefer the desolate to the overcrowding & leo's looking to give out a ticket. (Been cited at the three sisters before.)

Attached Files:

rd400racer likes this.
  6. adrenalist

Will see if the dealer in San Antone can let me test ride. A regular Pani as well. Thanks for pushing me to broaden my horizons! :beer:

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I figured this trip would be the perfect test to see if I'm going to keep it. We rode 350 miles from Angel Fire NM to Carbondale CO Tuesday and it was perfect. Hit just about every weather extreme and I had no complaints.

adrenalist and Sabre699 like this.
  8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

AF1 Racing is the largest aprilia dealership in the country…. They sponsor the aprilliaforum.com

Austin, TX

https://www.af1racingaustin.com/

adrenalist likes this.
  9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

If you're not going to race it, then get whatever both gets you hard and is genuinely fun to ride. The Duc and BMW racebikes will satisfy neither of those requirements: a good racebike is a predictable psychopath. Racebikes make terrible streetbikes.

Personally, for your use cases I'd look real hard at either the Hypermotard or the S1000XR.

adrenalist likes this.
  10. adrenalist

Exactly. It's all a test. Or a testament to your love. The human spirit knows no bounds. You are living.

rd400racer likes this.
  11. adrenalist

Never heard of and it's been in my backyard the whole time. Will investigate. Thank you.

12. adrenalist

Predicability is a joy. I know that as we continue to move into an era of chassis removal. The slower liter bikes I've toyed with have superior coms. Yet I've not played with either bikes and I reallllllly want to. I know that they aren't road bikes. Never meant for the type of articulations or coms needed. They are stoic and purpose-meant. There's just something that sings to me about their purpose. Their nuances become default. I can deal with that.

I thank you. And you are right. Absolutely, so. The two bikes you mentioned are perfect recommendations and are the two bikes that should be at my shop door. 100%

Maybe I'll get both of your suggestions as well...

13. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Congratulations you have just come full circle and found the multiple bike solution to the single bike paradox…

gapman789 likes this.
  14. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize the elevation in that area - very cool
    Certainly looks like it’s a 1000 miles from nowhere

15. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

high desert as in victorville/hesperia area? if so welcome to socal.