1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 Ducati 800SS Race or Track Bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Killswitch, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

I bought this Ducati 800SS in late 2016 as part of a package deal – along with a 750SS. I pretty much took all the good parts off the 750 (forks, swingarm etc.) and used them to build up the 800 from what was essentially just an engine and frame. Once it was done, I raced it for a few seasons (2018-2020) with WERA in D class but now I think I’m hanging it up so I need to let this thing go.

It’s a really nice race/track bike and has a lot of nice pieces on it as you can see by the photos, but here a quick list of things I can think of right off the top of my head:

• AK front forks
    • Aluminum Rear Swingarm
    • Ohlins Rear Shock
    • Woodcraft Rearsets
    • Woodcraft Clipons
    • Woodcraft Hand Guards (Left and Right)
    • ECU flashed by Houston Superbikes (no key needed)
    • Black Powder Coated Frame
    • 749/999 Bodywork
    • Shift-Tech Keyless Gas Cap
    • SIL Moto Exhaust
    • Yoyodyne Aluminum Fairing Stay
    • Tech-Spec SnakeSkin Tank Grips
    • Miscellaneous Small Spares (Levers, Brake Pads etc.) As Well as a Set of Engine Cases
    • Currently has a Yellow Zero Gravity Windscreen (plus a spare one)

To be completely honest, I’ve never really done any work to the engine other than new belts – basically just rode it as I bought it. It seems to run fine and I’ve never had any mechanical issues with it. I did have an issue with the cam seal leaking during one weekend in 2020 but I’ve replaced that and re-sealed the side cover (used RTV instead of the paper gasket that failed on me) and I think it’s all good now, but I never got back to the track to try it under race conditions. I’ve ridden it around the neighborhood a few times and it seems to be good.

When I was building the bike, I put it a new Adige clutch kit and it works fine, but I did notice that during race starts it was a little grabby and didn’t want to slip like I wanted it to – I just learned to launch it differently from my other bike. I also tried an Oberon clutch slave cylinder but there was no noticeable difference so I just put the original one back on. The Oberon is in with my spares and will go with the bike if you want to try it out.

Here's a link to a photo gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKKa1FiUFR62ZqRw8

Most of those were taken a few years ago, but it’s essentially in the same condition. The photo in there where it has the yellow windscreen on it is a more recent one.

If you’re interested, I’d be more than happy to talk more about it over the phone so just message me or reply to the ad and we can connect and I’ll answer any other questions.

I’m located in Atlanta, GA 30340 so you’d have to pick up the bike from there.

$4950 OBO (NO TITLE: Bill of Sale only)

Eric

20180512_113731-EDIT.jpg 20180512_113745-EDIT.jpg

Buell1965, Muz720 and Phl218 like this.
  2. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Nice looking bike. Clean

Killswitch likes this.
  3. Uncle Jesse

Uncle Jesse Well-Known Member

That body work looks familiar. Did you get that from me? Any interest in a partial trade for a street bike?

4. Killswitch

HA! Yeah Jesse that is indeed your old bodywork! I have a sale "pending" right now, but I'll post back here after Saturday to update this post. Thanks, but I don't need any trades though ... I have enough other toys that need my attention :)

5. Uncle Jesse

Uncle Jesse Well-Known Member

Understood! Thanks

Killswitch likes this.
  6. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

fantastic and meticulous bike , and the Killswitch is a great fella , if i didnt already have Alphonso in my garage i would be on this (that duc would be a great and race ready weapon).. its as nice or nicer and i have seen it run .GLWS .

Killswitch likes this.
  7. Killswitch

Bike is finally sold. Thanks for the interest!