1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Held Gloves ... Whats everyone wear?

Discussion in 'General' started by ranman, Jul 14, 2004.

?

Which Held glove do you use ... or have used?

1. Krypton

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Galaxy

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Akira

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Profi

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Super Jorg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ninja

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Other

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I switched from Held to Taichi.

Why?

Price, craftsmanship, rumors and because Darrin at Taichi rules.

I'd go back if I couldn't get Taichi's any more or if some one "hooked" me up.

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Put the whole quote in if you're going to use it. The folks here are a little smarter than you give them credit for.

Quote:I switched to Held from Teknic Violators (after the third set I owned fell apart without any crashes!)) to Held. I bought Held's from Helimot (after waiting 2+ months for them to get my size) and I was so impressed by the gloves fit and protection I bought another pair as a spare. So I could not wear the same gloves two days in a row.

When I had the opportunity to become a dealer I jumped in because the product was proven to me both in fit, quality and crashworthiness. I offer only what we use to our membership. Beleive me, there are literally a dozen companies offering me free gloves because they reallize our influence on riders. I choose instead to pay for Helds.: End Quote

I think it speakes volumes about a product when someone pays for it when they could get many others for free.

I never asked you to buy Held from me. I offered a discount if you were interested in this product and an honest opinion of my experience. Your problem with that is..............?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2004
  3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Because I offered an honest opinion, based on my experience and you said "That is NOT true."

I have an unbiased opinion. I liked all my HELD gloves. Based on the information available at the time, I bought something else.

4. STT-Rider

You are correct, I did indeed state just that in response to your incorrect statements about country of origin. How do you experience a country of origin when you don't even know what country that is??

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Monte,

I really don't want this to deteriorate any further. You have your agenda, I have none. I answered the gentleman's question to the best of my ability in my experience.

If that displease you, tough shit.

6. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Ummmm, NO ... if I buy a pair, my 'cost' is dealer cost. :)

BTW - MRSP for Akira is $199.95 and $229.95 for Galaxy

MY problem with it is ...
    You came into someone elses thread (a vendors) offering to sell something(the very same product infact).
    That would be like me going into a thread Chip, Darrin or even you posted about Shoei, KBC, Vemar or any other brand where they(you) were asking for peoples opinions ... and THEN saying well I can sell them for $$$ ... Something I would not do and I don't believe they would either... just pure lack of biz ethics.

Use common courtesy "GUY" - It will get your further in the end both with your (current/potential)customers and fellow vendors/dealers.

I want to say no biased opinions, but that would rule almost everyone out. :D
    (They saved my hands so they are great. They failed and f'd my hand up so they suck)
    So I will put it this way - "If you make money off of Held products, I do not want .. nor need your opinion/input."
    If that statement applies to you, please find a different thread to play in :)

The point behind this thread is:
    To help those who read it(me included) form a more unbiased opinion about Held, based on the opinion/input of those who have used them.

Back to the poll please :beer:

7. STT-Rider

Randy,

I did not realize that you were a vendor. I am sorry. Please accept my sincere appology (to you and the others in this thread).

I did not do this out of spite but out of ignorance, my mistake plain and simple, no excuses.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004