1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little C5 Corvette knowledge please

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, May 10, 2023.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Can we get a discount if we only need the wig? The stache and chest hair are lush but we are both lacking on top.

2. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

My brother has one. He had the same issue mentioned earlier where the ABS unit solder joints got shaky, and the traction control wouldn't work and dash lit up like a christmas tree. I was able to reflow the solder and put it back together and got it to work. He also had no end of issues with the pop-up headlights; if the bump stops get broken or gears get worn out or the car was turned off on a Tuesday, then one of the lights will go down and come back up instead of staying down.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The C6 Z06 is still one of my favorite cars, the big 7.0 reving to 7k is something I consider special. The wide body makes it much better looking than the base one.
    I just cant get over the steering wheel, it is the same as a pontiac G6 or a Chevy Cobalt.

Not that the steering wheel of the C5 looks good, but that car is getting to the cool old phase. It is 26 years old now.

sdg likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: It's the best looking one to me. Everything after it went downhill.

sdg and R1Racer99 like this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Your crazy. C8 is amazing.

the c6s do look very clean as well, but to say it’s all downhill from there is wrong.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

By itself. Put it in a line of supercars and its looks become pedestrian. The best looking C8 is the hardtop convertible but it's completely useless for anything but driving. No luggage, no groceries, no nothin'. Oh, wait...no sale. :D
    Can't argue the price tho' and, for that money, screw the looks. I'd spring a little extra and get a Carrera 4...a real car, for the real world. ;)

Meanwhile...
    I'm still over my diesel and it gets replaced before anything else vehicular happens. :rolleyes:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

My Dad has an C5 Z06 and I really wish it was the C6. I'm not a fan of the C5 looks nearly as much, but it's plenty of rwd car for the streets without a doubt.

Interior was well maintained and still looks like hot garbage.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. GixxerJohn011

So my dad gets a kick out of calling and telling me he spent some of my inheritance. I got that text today with this picture.
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    Followed by, “I think it’s faster than the 435”

2010 with 26,000 miles and it’s been wicked up a touch. I’m a little scared of him having that much power on tap but for now he sounds scared of it and is more worried about keeping it nice, I hope that sticks around. Also, he’s not drinking which played a part in putting the S2000 in the weeds.

cBJr, HPPT, Chino52405 and 2 others like this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Damn! Good for him. Sweet color too. As far as the inheritance good he definitely added to it, that thing is already 100k and going up.

Also the C8 looks like ass.

HPPT and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  10. GixxerJohn011

Shit, I hope so! I thought he was giving them all the money at 83

I’m glad he did it. He squeaks when he walks. He never travels or splurges on anything, I’m suspicious he splits 2 ply toilet paper into 2 single rolls.

I like the C8 but I think I like it because I know what it is capable of, it’s kind of ugly from any angle but dead on. I was hoping they’d fix the rear end with the Z06 the way the C6 and C7 looked substantially better in Z06 trim but it’s still pretty meh.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    HPPT and R1Racer99 like this.