1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

First session they are out. And then one more time during the weekend.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Probably true

3. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

All of them?

4. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Are you assuming that there will be a bagger session that doesn’t oil the track?

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I just want to say Good Luck to all that will be out on the track this weekend, and that all in-person fans have a great time.

My first visit to the track as a kid was in the early 70's; first on track (SSA track day) was in 1993. Lots of great memories from there.

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

In a small attempt to support racing I have purchased a couple of boxes of something called a WagBar.

7. cxd10

cxd10 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a discount code for tickets. We'll be there sat and sun.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Kinda think Herrin will do very well. He wont have that attitude and pessimism around the bike that Dan had.

9. I think Herrin will do just fine.

Hoping to be at the track after lunch. Had the chance to take out a buddies 2022 carbon layup bass boat with close to 440hp at the prop. He has a few props to try to I’m going to do that so he doesn’t kill himself plus do some fishing. So far on a two way run, ready to fish and 1/2 tank fuel ran out of rpm at 101.3 two way avg. think it has 105 in it :) any of y’all fish in a good marine helmet and impact life vest? :)

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

105 mph or kph?

11. henry_carlson

Landers half a second up at the conclusion of fp1. wow

Namarow likes this.
  12. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Looks like Rocco has gotten comfortable with the Aprilia pronto.

Namarow and henry_carlson like this.
  13. henry_carlson

Before the season fully gets underway who do we have as the "title favorites?"

Consensus favorites?:
    • Superbike: Jake Gagne
    • Supersport: Ty Scott
    • Stock 1000: ? Gillim, Wyman, Kaleb
    • Twins: Blake Davis
    • JC: Max Van

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Last year was a strange start to the season with Jake tossing it away in Race 1 and Danilo capitalizing. Race 2 Danilo's V4R blew a gasket and oiled the track.

Jake threw a 24.1 down in qualifying...let's see who comes to play this year. Will the V4R party continue :Pop:

15. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Superbike: Jake Gagne
    Stock: ???
    Supersport: Mesa
    Twins: Kayla comes back and takes the title.
    Jr: ???

henry_carlson likes this.
  16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Coming back from a 3 round deficit ?

17. Mph. It’s an Allison with a motor bought new built my merc marines racing dept, high dollar lower unit on it, runs on pump or higher end fuel if ya want to spend it and swap maps. He would give Broome a run for his money overdoing shit he buys.
    Prop number two sucked and prop blowing out is enough to scare the shit out of you even at 72. This was more of a this will work great or suck prop they loaned him to try. Going to call off speed runs for today as wind picked up too much so throwing on lower pitch prop so I can get some traction and head the 10 or so miles back to his house at gibe or take 75 ish, take a quick shower and head to the track for the afternoon.

18. henry_carlson

hell of a last lap from Cam B to cut it .019 behind Gagne

cBJr, svracer22 and voss555 like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Report back to the beeb on how they are. Seems interesting and if they are okie dokie might have to give ‘em a try to support people who support this sport. :)

Gino230 likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

SundaySocial and Buell1965 like this.